shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald diamond advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bennouk

Rough_Rock
As with many on this forum I am struggling with this very important purchase. I am looking for an emerald diamond and have been searching the different websites now for many weeks. I have found the following stone that I am looking at getting set into a Vatche Cathedral Platinum setting. Can anyone give me any advise on the stone or setting I''m looking at.

Shape Emerald
Carat 1.22
Color H
Clarity VS1
Measurements (mm) 6.82X 5.65X 3.63
Table 63%
Depth 64.2%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Girdle MD-SLT
Culet None
Fluorescence No
Price $4.695

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bennouck,

if the stone is cut correctly, most probably it's beautiful! The table is nicely sized at 63% and the stone isn't definitely too deep at 64.2. Very good/very good in finish is a nice touch too. Have you found the stone over the internet? You might want to ask to the seller how does the H color look, because color is very apparent in emerald cuts. I guess that the stone, being VS 1, will be 100% eye clean.

Giangi

Bennouk

Rough_Rock
Thanks Giangi, I'll be sure to ask about the H color look prior to purchasing. What about the ratio of length to width with it only being 1.2. Should this be a concern?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Yes,it should be of concern as the right proptions are of those that are ratioed between 1:1.35-1.50 depending on the length. anything short of those would look a bit on the "squarish"(not real square) side.
If you could live with that that is fine.As far as eye clean on an HVS1 you have nothing to worry about, it most definitely is!

good luck
diamondsman
1.gif

Bennouk

Rough_Rock
I have also found this diamond that has a slightly better length to width ratio (or at least I think it does!). Can any one give me any feedback between this one which is a little more expensive and the other one that I initially posted.

All help greatly appreciated.

Emerald
Carat 1.28
Color G
Clarity VS1
Measurements (mm) 8.4 - 5.38 - 3.29
L/W Ratio = 1.56
Table 65%
Depth 61.2%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Girdle THN-MED
Culet None
Fluorescence No
Price $5706

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
This one sounds very nice too. Honestly I prefer squarish stones to long ones, so I'd pick the first one. The second is too long for my taste. Again, most probably they're both beautiful stones, so it's only a matter of personal taste.

Giangi
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results