Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigdog1434

Rough_Rock
I have 2 stones I am considering. I would appreciate opinions on which looks like the better stone and value.Shape: Emerald Emerald
Weight: 1.16 1.20
Color: H H
Clarity: VVS2 VS1
Depth: 64% 62.5%
Table: 70% 70%
Price: $3895 $4411I believe both are GIA certs. I've been looking for a center stone for some time and I think one of these may be it. I appreciate your comments.Thanks.------------------
I'm Cosmo Kramer, the assman!!!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Considering the approximate 3.5% larger size of the 1.20ct stone and considering that it probably has a larger "look", as well because of the slightly lesser depth, I'd say they are comparably the same value wise.Visually, I could not begin to predict which is better looking. You are the one that is supposed to "LOOK" at them...This is your job and part of the responsibility of making a choice of what to buy. One may have a different length to width ratio. One therefore might be nearly square and the other a long rectangle. One may have a very shallow crown and the other may have a better crown/pavilion relationship. There is much to be gains by physical examination which we can't do on the 'net.
------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.