shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut - Thought''s, opinions, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AMF515

Rough_Rock
Curious as to your thoughts on the following stone for $5k.
~~

Emerald cut - GIA
1.25 carat

7.43 x 5.32 . 3.65
depth: 68.6%
table: 70 %
Thin to Medium
Cutlet: none
polish good
sym; good
Carity: SI1
COlor: E
flour: none

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Have you personally seen this stone? I don't know if I would want to go SI1 with a step cut diamond.

AMF515

Rough_Rock
I have seen it, did not look too bad, not sure if i missed something however.... What about the rest of it ??

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Was thinking the same as Fuffi. I'd go clearer than SI1 for an emerald. Good choice to go for that style though. Emerald cuts are adorable. Love them.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
There's really not enough info to give an educated opinion. Would be nice to get a Sarin so we can get crown and pavillion info. The table's larger than I would like, and it would be nice for the depth to be greater than the table, but with fancy shapes even the numbers don't often tell all.

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/11/2003 6:02:37 PM Hest88 wrote:

There's really not enough info to give an educated opinion. Would be nice to get a Sarin so we can get crown and pavillion info. The table's larger than I would like, and it would be nice for the depth to be greater than the table, but with fancy shapes even the numbers don't often tell all.----------------

Is it possible to have a crown angle on a step cut?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You're right Caratz, you'd have 3 different crown angles on an emerald cut, along with 3 different pavilion angles.

Very confusing, which is why an emerald cut really needs to be viewed to be judged. An IdealScope is always a big help, as it takes the mystery out of the equation.

An SI1 could be a good looking stone, if the inclusions are white and diffuse, like knife edge feathers.

The depth and the table are close, which is always a good sign.

Could be a keeper. It all depends on the visual examination.

AMF515

Rough_Rock
How about a Comparison to this one: 2 totally different animals, i know..

GIA
7.65 X 5.15 X 3.64
1.33 carat
Depth 70.7
Table 70 %
Girdle: extremely thin to thick
Cutlet: none
Polish: very good
symmetry: good
Calrity: VS1
Color: I
Flour: none
price $4600

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The SI can be as clean looking as the VS, depemding what and where the inclusions are. If you don't see them, than you have an 'eye clean' SI. And this is it. I would not trade an E for an I just because I am afraid that my own eyes don't see how bad an SI EC is. It is quite common that the largest inclusions in an EC of lower clarity get paced by the cutter away from the table: it is very possible that you will have a really hard time to find why that SI is SI. That an EC shows inclusions better it is true, but this does not mean that there are no good surprises out there.

In the second stone the large variation in girdle thickness and the 'extremeli thin' part are not all that great. The first stone sounds much more desirable.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
An emerald cut will show color more than a round brilliant cut, so if the first one is eye clean, I would go for that instead. Just my opinion.
10.gif

AMF515

Rough_Rock
Assuming this is eye clean, how does $5k look for a price on the 1.25 ? Does anyone know how long David Atlas needs to make an appt to see this? Is it worth an other opinion ?
==
any last minute suggestions appreciated as I need to make a call this week, thanks all.
tongue.gif

AMF515

Rough_Rock
any last minute suggestions appreciated as I need to make a decision this week ! either keep looking or take one of these ?
confused.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I would go higher than an I, especially in an emerald cut. I'd probobly go to VS as well. I do like emeralds, though.

Hope you're having fun with it!

AMF515

Rough_Rock
looking at the 1.25 in the 1st post, it's an "E"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results