shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald cut tanzanite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it does, it looks really beautiful to me.

Linda

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I really like John''s stones, I recently purchased a little spinel from there.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a nice stone but please don''t set it in an everyday ring. Tanzanite is a soft stone so normal wear and tear will wear down the facet points fairly quickly, or even chip it. I prefer it as earrings and pendants, or if in a ring, as a special occasion ring.

cmarie

Rough_Rock
Looks gorgeous!

BTW, I have a tanzanite ring that I''ve worn every day for the past 4 years or so, and I haven''t noticed any wear on the stone. But then again, the stone itself is pretty small, and I''m not nearly the gem expert that many PS-ers are...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I''m not going to be purchasing it though, I just thought it was too gorgeous not to post about. I am just starting to get really into colored gems but I don''t know much about them. I just want to learn I guess!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s lovely. I have one too.
3.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know the company selling that Tanzanite but I''d like to see it photographed against a white background to get a better "feel" for the colour. It''s very pretty though!

Just a warning to anybody who wears Tanzanite daily - water can affect it adversely as can changes in temperature. I had a Tanzanite that was totally ruined by water - it became cloudy. Thankfully this was many years ago and I learned a valuable (and expensive) lesson early on! In terms of changes of temperature, if you were to sunbathe wearing a Tanzanite piece (unlikely I would think) but then jump into a swimming pool, it could cause the Tanzanite to crack! Not always but better to know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results