shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I came across this stone on bluenile, the depth and table seem to be in the good range, but i cant work out how to work out the crown height as a percentage?

And the stone seems quite big in its dimensions for the ct weight so im concerned its not a good one. Or maybe this is because of the L:W ratio.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone
36.gif

http://www.bluenile.ca/emerald-cut-diamond-1-carat-very-good-cut-e-colour-vs1-clarity_LD01479909?filter_id=1

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason this EC faces up large is due to the 62.6% depth. I like the depth; it isn't shallow nor too deep but my concern is the large 67% table which might mean it'll have a lot of table glare. I would not recommend buying ECs without pictures of the actual stone and unfortunately, BN does not provide any pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 12:52:05 PM
Author:Blackpaw
I came across this stone on bluenile, the depth and table seem to be in the good range, but i cant work out how to work out the crown height as a percentage?

And the stone seems quite big in its dimensions for the ct weight so im concerned its not a good one. Or maybe this is because of the L:W ratio.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone
36.gif

http://www.bluenile.ca/emerald-cut-diamond-1-carat-very-good-cut-e-colour-vs1-clarity_LD01479909?filter_id=1
Hi Blackpaw,

You can't tell much by the numbers as you probably know, however usually a smaller table than the depth is preferred. But the thing is BN do not provide images which are essential. If you are seriously looking for an EC check out some of the vendors who have in house diamonds with photos and ASET provided.

Also the very thin area of the girdle would warrant careful evaluation by a trusted expert, these aren't always a problem if the very thin part is in a non vulnerable area and or measures in the microns, but always far better to check.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
thanks muchly guys
21.gif
couldnt figure out for the life of me how it faced up so big!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 12:30:46 AM
Author: Blackpaw
thanks muchly guys
21.gif
Welcome hunny! Give BP a kiss for me!
35.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 5:27:26 AM
Author: Lorelei

thanks muchly guys
21.gif
35.gif
Certainly will do
9.gif
he''s a very smoochy fellow as it is!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 11:27:11 AM

Date: 3/1/2009 5:27:26 AM
Author: Lorelei

thanks muchly guys
21.gif
35.gif
Certainly will do
9.gif
he''s a very smoochy fellow as it is!
Thanks! He is so adorable, I just love him!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results