shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut specs--thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock

Emerald cut experts please weight in on this stone:

Carat Weight: 3.18
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Emerald
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 59%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
Culet: S
Girdle: VT-STK
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 7.51x10.14x4.65

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is nothing obviosuly wrong here. Now, to know the beauty of the stone, one must look at it. These specs can give a very nice diamond unless the cutter had some problem which caused him to make a strange choice not revealed here that upset the light performance. Ordinarily, a diamond should look pretty good with these specs.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adding to what Dave said id want to know more about the VT girdle before id recomend it.
Where and how much of it is VT.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
where should it be very thin to be acceptable?---------isnt very thin okay but extremely thin bad?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 7:52
6.gif
9 AM
Author: windowshopper
where should it be very thin to be acceptable?---------isnt very thin okay but extremely thin bad?
I like to stay thin and above in diamonds I recommend from conversations I had with my settings guy.
VT on a small portion depending on location should be ok.
One whole side VT isnt ok in my book.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely, but can we either get a Sarin report or is there an evaluation period where you can send it to an appraiser before committing to it?

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
All the measurements are great. The only thing that could be a problem is if the crown is too flat. Emerald cuts need full crowns to have proper life. Get a sarin, and if the crown height is 12% or higher you''ve struck gold

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
crown height 17%----------gorgeous in person!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results