shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut settings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just bought a great emerald cut stone for my up and coming engagement.

I originally had an idea for a great setting, but have chosen to let her choose, post engagement, and have it in a temp setting.

Can anyone post some photos of great emerald cut settings you''ve seen or liked? I don''t want to be limited by the jeweler if you know what I mean.

Take care,

G

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size and proportions of the stone would make a huge difference in the overall look of the ring. In consequence, these constraints have to be factored in while choosing a setting.

This site shows the largest collection of designer settings I know of: no way I cuold post all those again. This may be my favorite, although that naked girdle makes me way too nervous for confort. This comes next best (close indeed) and the type works well with any stone outline (photos with emerald cut diamonds and colored stones were available in their catalogue at some point).

Hope this helps!

radiant

Rough_Rock
here's one

iskiw_plat_dia_emerald_cut.jpg

radiant

Rough_Rock
another

Bild6.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, I personally like the 2nd one, and am interested in who designed it. The designer links are a huge help too.

-G

radiant

Rough_Rock
Look at http://www.renaissanceplatinum.com
They have a beutiful emerald cut antique looking setting in the engagement ring section.
To give credit where credit is due the first ring I posted is by a designer named Catherine Iskiw. The second ring is by a German designer named Henrich & Denzel.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last link in my post is to their site... These are really awesome in person, and come in yellow gold too upon order. The finish of their settings really seems to withstand microscopic scrutini (10X loupe, for sure).

The second setting holds a baguette cut though... and a EC with Deep-cut corners (fringing towards octagon) will challenge that outline.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, the renaissance platinum ring is awesome, and that was my original consideration. I posted the photo on here some time back.

I just want to make sure that is what she would want.

1.gif

-G

radiant

Rough_Rock
Try this link http://www.theplatinumcollection.co.uk/collection.asp
They have pictures of Henrich and Denzel designs as well as other similar designers. They also have web links to designers home pages. Just so you know, I don't think Henrich and Denzel sets diamonds other than their own, but you could always email them and ask.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Surprisingly enough, I do like that titanium tension setting, and it isn't ridiculously expensive. Very sharp.

I do have an unfounded fear that the setting MIGHT lose the stone.

-G

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/21/2003 5:21:37 PM Moosejaw wrote:

I do have an unfounded fear that the setting MIGHT lose the stone.

-G----------------

That is unlikely: very much so. titanium is much more suitable for tension settings: it is not only harder by way more "springhy" than precious metals. That would be a strong setting indeed. the nastier part is that the girdle of the stone remains very exposed: one can actually guarantee chipping there, unless the ring is really taken care of. But the looks may be worth the trouble after all... That is a larger, lower color (quite obviously) diamond. The settings go down to 4mm width to match the width of any EC you may have in mind. You practically read my mind with this one!

The cup setting of Debeers is a compromise between the two (tension and bezel).

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well the emerald cut stone i bought is 1.35, F, VS1, and has a medium girdle thickeness. She will ultimately decide, I just want to make sure she knows whats out there.

I am proposing when we go to new york next week, and I guess we should be able to find some high end settings to look at.

Any idea how much the Henrich settings can vary between?

I love rings that are understated but the diamond is the focal point. Sometimes designers throw waay too much on the settings.

-G

radiant

Rough_Rock
The Henrich and Denzel rings are quite expensive, but they are priced with diamonds in them. You should email Henrich and Denzel and find a jewelery store in your area that carries their settings. Maybe then you could work with your local jeweler in setting your diamond in a Henrich and Denzel setting. As I've said, I don't know if Henrich and Denzel will set your diamond for you. Either ask Henrich and Denzel directly through email, or work with a jewelery store that carries their line. I know that Stuart Moore in NYC carries Henrich settings if you want to look at them after you propose, but I also know that Stuart Moore does not set diamonds that are not from their store. It could be fun to look though.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know the price of H&D, but the average price for pre-set rings with around 0.5cts stones was about 5k. The rings will have to be custom made for your stone, so asking a retailer is the way to find out...

There is another designer who may do similar things. I have just stumbled accross his collections and loved the specs
2.gif
. HERE Take a look at the Halo line. They can custom-make one for you. I am talking my way towards a ring with this maker and the communication so far has been great.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS: These thin bezels must be made around a stone (this is why these are typical designer models), and if custom is the way to go, than it is best to go to a maker who is already doing the model. Tinkering with ready-made ring parts will never look anything near.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I love that second posting too Radiant. That is so sharp.

Check Leon Mege as well. He's got several beautiful EC settings on his site:
http://www.artofplatinum.com/rings1.htm

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot! There are more nicely streamlined settings HERE .

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I dont think I like that last post as much, but I am surely going to look at the Heinrich one when we are in New York.

-G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results