shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaye

Rough_Rock
First time writng, but have been looking in daily for about three weeks. Hubby and I will celebrate our 25th soon!! I plan to get an entirely new ring. Original is a .5ct. brilliant with a very thin 18kt. yellow gold setting and shadow type wedding band.

I want an emerald cut diamond and found this site searching for info regarding that. Just when I was beginning to have an unpleasant flashback of my original engagement and wedding ring search, here was this site AND I find that Richard Sherwood is located 35 miles from our home. Whew!

We plan to meet with Richard this Wednesday and hopefully pick the stone. Thank you Pricescope vendors.

My question is, I saw a setting about a month ago at a local jewelers who I do not want to work with. This ring felt great and looked great on. I have not found anything similar after searching numerous site, magazines, other jewelers. I know the stone will dictate my setting, but I feel this ring represented the direction I''m trying to go in.

Here is the written description I can give.

Center stone emerald cut 1.05ct. set high in a fairly wide band with I think 3 princess cut diamonds on each side. The princess cuts are not right up against the center stone. (total weight of princess stones in semi was .87ct.) Two tone platinum and 18kt. yellow gold (the yellow is just a thin shadow at the top of the band and reversed on the bottom. The stone is set north/south with the visible attachment of gold mounting on the north and south leaving the east and west open.

If anyone has seen anything that approximates this setting please advise, so I can get a visual representation. Thanks again to all of your for making this exciting experience fun and not fearful.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure about the precise description... but there are a few close to what your descriptions makes me think of, and the site where these come from does have a very extensive collecton.

Here they are:

Scott Kay

jaye

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I just bookmarked that one. The biggest difference in the one I tried on was more metal both above and below the princess side diamonds, in other words a wider band. Also there was a partial bezel (I don't know if I'm using the right terminology), but you could see a line of metal on the top and bottom of the diamond with the sides open as shown in the one you directed me to.

At least that gives me one to print up when I meet a jeweler. Any other examples of emerald cut settings that incorporate the use of a wider band with or without side stones. I don't want to go with a separate wedding band unless it's a shadow type.

I think I might post a question about two tone as the one I tried on literally had the most unusual just sort of coating look of 18kt. yellow gold at the top and bottom of the platinum.

Thanks again.

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure what the proper terminology for that type of head is either, but I know what you are talking about.
I make them for mounting tourmalines, and I have seen others do the same as the more fragile semi-precious stones such as tourmaline need the extra protection on the corners and ends.

If you search for rings with those type of stones, you will probably have better luck getting pics for your jeweler. That type of head pretty much has to be made for each individual stones measurements, so you probably won't find a picture of one in any of the semi-mount catalogs - you'll have to look at finished pieces for a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results