rolltideruby_07.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! Love it!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks AW! I am feeling pretty fond of it myself....now I just need to decide who to set it and how...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that gorgeous, saturated, magenta-ish red of the last three pics! I bet you can just stare at it and get lost in its color...

I love emerald cuts and can't wait to see what you do!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How accurate is AJS' picture compared to what you see IRL?

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
That is SPECTACULAR! Ruby is my birthstone and someday I'd like to add one just like that to my collection. Emerald is my favorite cut and that is lovely! :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologise if this sounds insensitive and I don't mean it to ........... but I see a huge difference in the AJS photo and yours.

I've often found that with them. Whilst their gemstones are lovely, I always look at their photos and darken the colour 3 or 4 notches and that's pretty much what arrives.

Are you happy with your Ruby? Which by the way is lovely. I adore emerald cut rubies and setting it with white skinny emerald cut diamonds on the sides is my idea of happiness!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first two pictures looked dark, but the hand one is wonderful, and when I imagined how it would look on a sunny day... must be spectacular. But it seems that AJS pictures are not to be trusted, either. I wonder if they provide hand pictures on request...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1310669502|2968985 said:
The first two pictures looked dark, but the hand one is wonderful, and when I imagined how it would look on a sunny day... must be spectacular. But it seems that AJS pictures are not to be trusted, either. I wonder if they provide hand pictures on request...

No they don't Crasru. They won't take additional photos. They used to (years ago) but they certainly haven't done so in the past 2 years to my knowledge.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1310643476|2968647 said:
How accurate is AJS' picture compared to what you see IRL?

Pretty close, sorry my photo skills are not great... It is a touch more red then in the photo, but not nearly as dark as the pictures I posted.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MB- It is not really that pink in person, its more like cherry nail polish? I think picture five is the closest to how it looks in real life. I am debating setting ideas, a true three stone with emerald cuts could be nice but at the moment I am leaning towards traps...

TYTY333, MTG- Thank you!

Ruby Princess- I love the flashes red gives off, such fun isnt it! I hope you are able to have your own soon!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1310668919|2968977 said:
I apologise if this sounds insensitive and I don't mean it to ........... but I see a huge difference in the AJS photo and yours.

I've often found that with them. Whilst their gemstones are lovely, I always look at their photos and darken the colour 3 or 4 notches and that's pretty much what arrives.

Are you happy with your Ruby? Which by the way is lovely. I adore emerald cut rubies and setting it with white skinny emerald cut diamonds on the sides is my idea of happiness!

LD not all, PS is all about learning and sharing right?

I have not had the same experience, but that said I called and talked to Arnold for a bit about what I wanted and liked...I don't think it is as light as their photos, but my oval sapphire was brighter...Again it is flash flooding here and no real natural daylight to be had. :(sad If I dont send it out before the weather shifts I will try and get better photos.

It looks like blood...which I like I wanted something that made me think of undergrad and this does.

I am happy with it, I have a strange taste for things, I always want something that reminds me of somewhere I have been or that meant something to me. Maybe not the most logical way to pick jewelry....But yes the ring will most definitely be crimson and white. Is there any better color combination?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
crasru|1310669502|2968985 said:
I have yet to see it in sunlight, but I am hoping you are right!

I am happy with the way this worked out, I am not sure if they will provide additional photos upon request. I think it might be better to call them then email... I have bought four stones from them and have been pleased by all four, that said I don't think it can hurt to ask for extra info, especially when purchasing colored stones which are bought for the color, tone, and saturation levels.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What a great find. It would look really beautiful in 18K YG.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1310691643|2969262 said:
What a great find. It would look really beautiful in 18K YG.
Thank you!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color on the ruby. I like the emerald shape, and I can also see it with emerald diamond sides in a three-stone.

Definitely high karat yellow gold, at least 18K!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I have a special affinity for rubies, and I especially love the emerald cut because I don't see them often in rubies. Do you know how you'll set it? I'm imagining step cut diamond side stones, maybe emerald cuts or baguettes. Or east-west, simple with diamonds along the shank. Roll tide..Alabama?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
platinumrock|1310963390|2971160 said:
Beautiful color on the ruby. I like the emerald shape, and I can also see it with emerald diamond sides in a three-stone.

But thank you I am so happy with this stone!

I am thinking traps and platinum....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's really beautiful.
I love it!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
cokitty|1310964180|2971168 said:

I also like the traps as sidestones. You can always do an 18K YG center basket for the ruby, and platinum for the rest of the ring. That would really showcase the color of the ruby like this:

rubyring.jpg

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! and congrats :)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1310963689|2971161 said:
Stunning! I have a special affinity for rubies, and I especially love the emerald cut because I don't see them often in rubies. Do you know how you'll set it? I'm imagining step cut diamond side stones, maybe emerald cuts or baguettes. Or east-west, simple with diamonds along the shank. Roll tide..Alabama?

Yes I got my undergrad degree from Alabama....47 days until football season starts!!!!

Yes it took me a little while to find this one, I had given up and even posted here for help and then viola! a vendor emailed this one to me!

I agree I am definately into the step cut side stones for this one! I really like this setting from DBL. I think it might be just the ticket!

Pictures of the DBL three stone (pictures taken from Diamonds By Lauren)

dbl tsav three stone 01.jpg

dbl tsav three stone 02.jpg

dbl tsav three stone 03.jpg

dbl tsav three stone 04.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
platinumrock|1310964918|2971174 said:
cokitty|1310964180|2971168 said:

I also like the traps as sidestones. You can always do an 18K YG center basket for the ruby, and platinum for the rest of the ring. That would really showcase the color of the ruby like this:
Ohh that is very pretty!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FallenRox|1310965621|2971177 said:
Stunning! and congrats :)
Thank you FR!!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1310964248|2971169 said:
Wow, it's really beautiful.