shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

urbasic

Rough_Rock
Emerald Cut
.93C
VVS1
E Clarity
6.47x4.81x3.26
table=59%
depth=67.8%
Crown Height= 11.2%
Girdle = 1.2%
VG Polish/Sym

EC
.96C VVS2 F
6.72x5.10x3.16
Table = 67.9%
depth = 61%
Crown = 11.4%
girdle = .5-2.8
G/VG Polish Sym

EC
.98 VS2 G MED Blue Flor.
6.82x5.15x3.13
Table = 62.9%
depth = 60.8%
girdle = 1.2%
Ex Polish / VG Sym

Any thoughts on these Emerald Cuts? Im not in a rush, but it would be nice to be done. The first, does not have a super cut and is the smallest and pricey but otherwise is nice. The second, is ok, again not a super cut, the thin girdle bugs me. The third one may look out of place but it is a 1A ideal cut, as per the AGA cut grading scale. The blue flor and VS2 sorta scares me though..

Any comments? Wild opinions?
naughty.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Can you hear me drooling over my computer?

I wouldn't be concerned with a med blue fluorescence, though be sure you can return it if it turns out to be a factor. My EC is a VS2. It actually looked better than the VVS1 stone we saw simply because the major inclusion in the VVS1 happened to be on the table, while mine, though of a lower grade, has all the inclusions on the sides.

What's the crown height on the 3rd one?

urbasic

Rough_Rock
Ooops, Crown height is 13.8%. Again, unless I made a mistake, this one comes out as a 1A cut.

When I got the cert, I did a little research on fluorescence, and terms like 'oily' and 'clouded' sorta got me thinking. I guess I do have time to return it if there are issues.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
13.8? Very nice.

You normally don't have to worry about the oily or milky appearance unless you get strong fluor.

I would go for this one. It's not all that easy to find a well cut emerald. And, if it doesn't live up to expectations, you could return it. From the numbers alone, though, it sounds really lovely.

urbasic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments Hest, very helpful.

With regaurd to the 3rd one: I am trying to get the vendor to take some pictures, to see exactly where and how big the inclusions are. The plot shows a smallish on at the edge of the table, face up. Since they probably dont have the stone on location Im not sure how willing the will be to take pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results