shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut - rate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emerald999

Rough_Rock
How do the numbers look on this emerald cut and how much would it sell for?1.23 carat
Emerald Cut
F color
IF clarity
7.29 x 5.57 x 3.58 (i like the 1.31 lw ratio)
64.3% depth
66% table
52% pavillion depth
10.5% crown depth
32 degree crown angle
46 degree pavillion angle
very good polish
good symmetry
very thin to medium girdle
small culet
no fluorescenceJust looking at it, it appears to have more scintillation/dispersion than any others that I have seen in the overpriced mall type stores.

emerald999

Rough_Rock
Is there an ideal pavillion angle for an emerald cut?Is there an ideal pavillion depth as compared to the total depth (i.e. should the pavillion be 2/3 of the total depth)?Finally, is there an ideal length and width of a 1 ct, 1.25 ct, and 1.5 ct emerald cut? (I had heard that most 1 ct's are around 7mm x 5mm).Thanks for the info!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I guess it should be addressed to David Atlas, developer of the AGA system.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Emerald999,Proportions of the diamond look very good indeed - AGA class 2A ( see www.gemappraisers.com ). Only crown height is a bit low but crown angle is within 2A range. Probably this is the reason why it looks much better than other emeralds you've seen.Besides it have good spread hence should look larger for its weight.I didn't find exact diamond in the web so I can only guess the price starting from $8k-9k.Does it have a grading report (GIA, EGL)? Where did you get crown and pavilion measurements?

emerald999

Rough_Rock
It is GIA certified.I got the crown height percentage and pavillion depth percentage from the dealer who had a Sarin machine.I calculated the angles based on those numbers. That should put me pretty close to the actual angles, correct?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Look at this chart for emeralds: www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm There is no ideal cut for fancies. 2A is the best grade. You can derive pavilion depth based on total depth, crown height and girdle thickness.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Frankly, I'm not sure. It depends on how table size was calculated. Obviously it can be different for different directions. Same for the angles.Nonetheless, even 10.5% crown height is not bad. It is more important that you can see the difference between this stone and others.

emerald999

Rough_Rock
Thanks,what about pavillion angle?Based on the chart I can get an ideal depth for the pavillion at 45.75%-ish, but not an angle. (62.5 total - 13.5 crown - 3.25 girdle = 45.75 pavillion). Of course that is assuming that your total depth is near 62.5% to begin with. I would imagine that would change as the other numbers increase/decreased. (i.e. if your diamond had a total depth of 70%, a 45.75% depth would probably be too shallow to look the best that is could with a 70% total depth).

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is no one pavilion angle, just a whole bunch of them.
Look in the tutorial here and find Dave Atlas's info on AGA standards.
on the #'s it looks good to me, but i am not a fancy shape expert
garry Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results