shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

groomtobe2003

Rough_Rock
I have been shopping for an emerald cut engagement ring and am trying to decide between two stones. The price of the stones are virtually the same. Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on whether either is a better "quality" stone. Should I be concerned about either stone? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Diamond #1
Weight: 2.15
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
L-W: 1.38:1
Depth: 70%
Table: 66%
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Fluorescence: None

Diamond #2
Weight: 2.21
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
L-W: 1.4:1
Depth: 66%
Table: 77%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: None
*Comments on GIA report say clouds not shown

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
For emeralds, here a some tips:

You need to see the stones.....because emeralds vary a lot from each other..
you need to know if you prefer one that has a "longer" look or a "beefier" look..
also, with VS2 or SI1 stone, you need to be sure that the inclusions cannot be
seen with the naked eye....Remember that in a round brillant, a central
inclusion under the table in a VS2 will not be apparent to the naked eye. The same
is not true with an emerald. Emeralds are like princess cut stones.... you need to
decide on them with your own eye.. not with the papers. and if you're planning to
buy a 2ct+ stone, please do it well.

Hope this helps,

Trichrome.

groomtobe2003

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I have seen both stones and am leaning towards the 2.15 carat (it seemed to sparkle a little more). Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything (I am by no means a diamond expert). I've done a good deal of research and it seemed that the depth % of the first stone was a little bigger than you would typically want, and the second stone had a large table. Just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't affect the diamond's long-term sparkle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results