shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Since Gemhunter is showing his, I thought I''d show this one again.

It''s from ERD and both Mark & Gary speak highly about this stone. They say they looked at several within my parameters and came up with this one. When I posted the pic the other day, only one person responded so I thought I''d try again.

Gary sent me a video but I''m not able to post it for technical reasons. I did see flashes of color as he moved it about.

I talked to Mark about it today and he said the usual things about emerald cuts - hard to get it perfect, etc - but this one is a beautiful stone. I''ve only seen the one picture plus it in the video.

I was asking about Idealscope and ASET images and they both seemed equally ambivalent about me getting those. They said those instruments are best suited to round and princess cuts, which I understand, but I think they have value for me in getting to know the stone to see if I want to buy it. No? I noticed Gemhunter had both types of pictures so I''d like to get the same...Mark is going to get me a Sarin report first, he said. Okay.

Jeannie

ERD picture.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Loves it!!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, what a beauty!!!!!
30.gif

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the GIA report.

I don''t know crown height yet.

Does the depth on this one mean I''d get a good "spread" on the stone, i.e. "size" for the carat weight?

8.54 X 6.14 X 4.13
2.05 ct
E VS1
No F
No C

Pol/Symm - Ex/VG

Table: 64%
Depth: 67.3%

Girdle - medium to slightly thick

I hope I get some feedback on this one. Mark and Gary were quite confident in this stone and from what I''ve heard about Mark''s opinion here on pricescope, I take it he has a good eye and is honest. Yes?

Thanks for helping me,

Jeannie

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty good so far. Very good, in fact.

Sarin will be helpful, as will Idealscope and/or ASET images.

Your eyes will be the final judge though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mark enjoys a wonderful reputation here on PS Jeannie. He sure knows how to pick''em. Better known for cushions, but picks great EC'' as well. Looks like he found you a winner!!!
36.gif

gemhunter917

Rough_Rock
Hi schminbabe, glad to see you found a potential! I would have chimed in more, but honestly I don''t trust my inexperienced eyes looking at pictures.

Being that this is my first time attempting to purchase a stone online, I don''t think I can feel entirely at ease even with all the reports and images. Kind of driving me nuts right now ..... but in a good way
2.gif

I think I read Chrono''s thread on the ultimate emerald cut a few times haha.
<Anyways I hope Mark is able to show you what you need to see to be happy with your EC.
Oh if you want to figure out how your "spread" stacks up relative to other stones you''ve found with around the same weight, just keep track of the surface area(L*W) in your notes. This measurement was more concrete to me in describing how much of the weight is hidden away.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really beautiful Jeannie. Mark doesn''t do the IScope and ASET stuff but his eyes are great. I would trust him as I have yet to see him recommend an average or poorly cut stone.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Well, I certainly am encouraged by your votes of confidence. It helps when it''s just me, peering at an internat image, ya know?

I noticed Gemhunter had Idealscope and ASET images...I thought he was shopping with ERD too? I actually called ERD when I first saw Gemhunter''s pictures! So, I''m hoping to at least get an Idealscope...first I''m waiting for the sarin report.

I''m hopeful!
9.gif

Jeannie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone looks absolutely gorgeous! And from everything I''ve read about Mark, I too would totally trust his eyes.
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2007 9:26:27 AM
Author: Ellen
That stone looks absolutely gorgeous! And from everything I''ve read about Mark, I too would totally trust his eyes.
28.gif
Ditto, if you love it and Mark says it''s a winner, then mission almost accomplished!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeannie,
You are right now that I think about it. Well, it never hurts to ask. Perhaps Mark and Gary are now starting to use those tools to make us Pricescopers more confident with our purchases.

gemhunter917

Rough_Rock
Actually, I was working with ERD, but they dismissed the one I''m currently looking at due to an inclusion under the table.
I went to WF to see if they would take a look at it and its turning out to be ok.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results