shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut or Baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry forgot to ask.

The setting I was talking about with the 8 small baguettes. They looked like small emerald cuts to me. I asked the guy if they were emerald or baguette cuts. He said that what they call small emerald cut diamonds - Baguettes????

Sparkles:rolleyes:

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
I also have a baguette setting with 8 stones.
They are big and to me they look like emerald cuts, but I have been
told that they are just large baguettes.
None the less, they are very pretty whatever they are.

swift

Rough_Rock
Baguettes and emerald-cuts are both rectanglar step-cuts but baugettes do not have the clipped corners that the emerald-cut has. Also emerald-cut stones are usually in 1.3 - 1.6 ratio of length to width but baugettes are often long and narrow and sometimes taper (especially if they are used as side stones in a ring). Trapezoidal step-cut side stones framing a larger center stone is a look that is becoming popular now.

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
My stones are rectangular and wide. There are 4 on each side of a square sapphire.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info swift. Any chance you have a picture to post of the trapezoids please.

What will I pay more for next to a 2.2 ct EC. 2 smaller EC's maybe .60pts - GVS2, 8 baguettes-4 on each side graduating in size , or the step cut trapezoids? I know I would still have to go for G colour , but can I get away with SI1 for the baguettes.

Do you like EC's just in a solitaire or is that too plain for you?

Sparkles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results