shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut in action

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

craigeebach

Rough_Rock
Hi, fortunately I know just what my girlfriend is looking for in an engagement ring - an emerald cut in a plain platinum band. Simple & elegant. I learned this very recently when I was at a wedding, and my girlfriend spied a friend of mines new wife''s emerald cut ring on her finger. I didn''t know anything about diamonds at the time, so I took a picture so my dumb ass would remember what to look for. I thought folks on this list might be interested in seeing an emerald cut "in action". Too me this photo doesn''t really flatter the ring. You can see two white pinpoints, and it looks clunky. I think this may just be due to a bad picture. I haven''t seen any since in person. Having researched emerald cuts on this forum & elsewhere, it sounds like it''s very difficult to find a nice one. Ugh, not looking forward to the "hunt".

Thanks,
Craig

The full image can be seen here:
http://www.frontloader.net/images/emeraldOnFinger.jpg

emeraldOnFingerCropped2.jpg

scaasi

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Beautiful Emerald cut diamonds are not hard to find at all. You just have to look around.

scaasi

:wavey:

craigeebach

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I don't doubt that good emerald cuts are out there. It appears to me however that there is far less agreement as to what comprises an ideal emerald cut that say a brilliant cut. Maybe this isn't a bad thing - its more subjective. But I would like a little more confidence in making a good purchase. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually excited that my girlfriend prefers the emerald cut. I've crammed quite a bit of research into a short time, but the most I can ever find on emerald cut diamonds is a few paragraphs here & there. Thanks to David Atlas & the AGA for their contributions in the area of fancy cut diamonds. Other than his input, there is not much to be had that I can find. Keep it coming.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results