shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Halo - PLEASE HELP!!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi: I am a grateful observer of this wonderful website! I recently did an upgrade and currently have a 5 stone LM (EC with traps & bullets). It's on the 2 carat show me your ring... While it is beautiful, I am not "in love" and I wish I had gone with my original plan of getting a halo. I am going to reset it but DO NOT want to screw this one up!! I need to find someone who had an EC with a halo or a picture of exactly what I want. That's why I am BEGGING for your help. I have been looking for a few months and cannot seem to find something I love! I would consider a french cut halo, baguette halo, round diamonds, etc. I seem to be drawn to estate pieces but mostly those have a colored halo and do not want to risk not seeing it with diamonds against the EC to make 100% certain that I love it. I am a very visual person and need to see what I am going to get. Is there even perhaps a website where I can try and design something to show LM exactly what I am thinking of?? HELP!!!! I trust you guys the most. You have given so many people such wonderful ideas, advice and help. Thank you sooo much.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you looked through Leon's halos? He has a lot on his site. I have one pic saved somewhere of my favorite EC halo, I'll see if I can find it for you.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been in your position and I know how difficult it is to visualize something without really seeing it or taking components of one ring and putting it together with components of another ring. Sometimes, you just have to take a leap of faith (I had many sleepless nights!). You could also see if someone with photoshop skills could take a ring you like with a colored stone halo and doctor it to look like diamonds so that you can get a better sense of what it might look like.

The other thing I'll say is that what I loved in photos or on other people didn't necessarily look good on me. I'd go try on as many rings as you can so you know for sure what style looks best on your hand, not just in your mind. ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my personal favorite EC halo.

The EC is 2.39 carat. The length to width ratio of the keystone is 1.59. The halo is a VERY thin (1/2 point) bright cut halo. And the shank is a knife edge 2 row total pave. No milgrain. The center stone is bezel set and the bezel is VERY fine.

This is what I'd get if I wanted an EC halo.

Emerald Cut 2.39 ct 1.59 ratio 0.54 tcw-10.JPG

Emerald Cut 2.39 ct 1.59 ratio 0.54 tcw-13.JPG

Emerald Cut 2.39 ct 1.59 ratio 0.54 tcw-14.JPG

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Thats gorgeous Gypsy, does it belong to a PSer?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1335223561|3178851 said:

Nope. Found it on Google a couple years ago. Downloaded every pic that was posted like it was crack and I was an addict. Included all the specs in the file format so I wouldn't forget. Crack/addict= Settings/Gypsy.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1335224882|3178867 said:
Christina...|1335223561|3178851 said:

Nope. Found it on Google a couple years ago. Downloaded every pic that was posted like it was crack and I was an addict. Included all the specs in the file format so I wouldn't forget. Crack/addict= Settings/Gypsy.

:lol: it's gorgeous!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That emerald cut is also my dream setting! I found the same pictures originally on Diamond Source of Virginia's website. They credit that setting from a company called Bez Ambar. Their settings are gorgeous! A lot of center stones that are bezeled. I can't find the exact ring Gypsy posted on there (with the knife edge) but there are similar ones like this one below.

http://www.bezambar.com/showcat/199?page=all

bez ambar emerald cut.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOD!! We have the same exact taste, LOL b/c I saved that Bez Ambar one as well but I didn't like the band part... I just wanted one single row and I think I may want prongs too.... ugh... I did look on Leon's site but the only Emerald Cut he has up, I wasn't crazy about... I don't know... something about it. I do LOVE his pave work, I just need to see exactly what it's intended to look like. I was not as articulate the first time out and I feel like my traps are too small than what I thought. Gypsy - I think you mentioned about software or something to maybe create a picture. I really appreciate everyone's help!! :confused:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
PS I also failed to mention that my ratio is a 1.3 and that beautiful ring is more rectangular (which I love) - so my concern is that mine may look very different.... I need that software!!! HA HA

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
derbygal|1335227087|3178902 said:
That emerald cut is also my dream setting! I found the same pictures originally on Diamond Source of Virginia's website. They credit that setting from a company called Bez Ambar. Their settings are gorgeous! A lot of center stones that are bezeled. I can't find the exact ring Gypsy posted on there (with the knife edge) but there are similar ones like this one below.

http://www.bezambar.com/showcat/199?page=all

Gorgeous Derby Gal. I think that one has a different style of pave than the one I posted. But that same gorgeous bezel and sense of proportion and I didn't think I would but I actually like the double band on the one you posted. Nice. Great minds!

ECL-- you are going to need some CAD help for the software. We used to have posters that had the software and could help you do what you want, but that was a long time ago and they are far gone.

Here's what I suggest. Pay someone 250 bucks to do a CAD for you JUST for concept. I know that there are a few vendors would would be willing to do this for you.

OR-- instead of Leon work with Victor Canera and ask him to do a CAD for your FIRST (he said after Yssie that he would be willing to do this for certain projects) then once you have EVERY DETAIL ironed out in CAD, you can have him hand forge for you.

If you are going to micromanage the details (and I don't blame you for wanting to do so, I'm that way myself) Leon is the WRONG vendor to work with. I worked with FABULOUS results with Steven Kirsch, and one of my best friends did too, and we both have rings that are exactly what we wanted with Leon's skill, and none of the draw backs of working with Leon.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys! I think that's a brilliant idea about paying for a CAD! I love LM's work - it's just the unknown factor that is a killer. I nearly had a stroke by the time the ring came. I am completely obsessed with getting it right! I have read all the amazing things about Victor - what do you guys think about Steven K? Does he do any kind of simulation prior to the finished product? I'm close to NYC (about 45 minutes away)... I'm just sooo bummed that there are not that many EC halo's out there... I also have this thing about being unique... I like to be a little different but stay main stream.. if that makes any sense. That is in part why I was thinking of the French Cut halo or baguette - b/c it all flows so perfectly together but is still not the "norm".. :shock:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Also - Thank you to: Gypsy - all the great info, Yennyfire (great advice on seeing what looks good on me), Derbygal - love it!, Lotus99 (very unique, thank you!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emeraldcutlover|1335233862|3179027 said:
Thank you guys! I think that's a brilliant idea about paying for a CAD! I love LM's work - it's just the unknown factor that is a killer. I nearly had a stroke by the time the ring came. I am completely obsessed with getting it right! I have read all the amazing things about Victor - what do you guys think about Steven K? Does he do any kind of simulation prior to the finished product? I'm close to NYC (about 45 minutes away)... I'm just sooo bummed that there are not that many EC halo's out there... I also have this thing about being unique... I like to be a little different but stay main stream.. if that makes any sense. That is in part why I was thinking of the French Cut halo or baguette - b/c it all flows so perfectly together but is still not the "norm".. :shock:

You can call Steven and ask him. He's personable.

Alternately, if you want to stay in NYC I know that Mark and ERD has a new hand forged bench and one of my girlfriends bought a beautiful 4 carat cushion from him and had him do a handforged pave setting that ended up being amazing. The reason I suggest him is that I KNOW Mark does CADs, and since he does CAD and has a forged bench in NYC it might be a great fit for you. I've only seen the one ring by him but the pave work on it was beautiful.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
christopheremeraldhalo.jpg

You may be interested in a Christopher Designs halo. This belongs to someone I know who was nice enough to let me try it on - it is a 5 ct and she had him recut it with his Crisscut facets when he made it for her. The melee is much larger than a VC, etc. Different look. It was absolutely gorgeous in person. Sorry this picture is kind of blurry.....

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
christopheremerald2.jpg

Ok, I found one more pic....

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few more Bez Ambar's that are nice!

bez ambar emerald2.jpg

bez ambar emerald3.jpg

bez ambar emerald4.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a few more

bez ambar emerald5.jpg

bez ambar emerald6.jpg

bez ambar emerald7.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks soooo much! They do have beautiful settings. Has anyone seen a french cut diamond halo with an EC ????? I think I'm going to need to do the CAD like Gypsy suggested! Or I need to find a software so I can try and fool around with different designs... Why couldn't I just like round diamonds! LOL :naughty:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a photo of what looks like an invisible set baguette and trap halo setting with an additional halo. Just to give you an idea of what a baguette halo could look like (I personally think the stones picked worked very well with the center, although I am not really a fan of the second halo).

For emeralds I personally love them to be bezel set with a thin brilliant cut halo. I think the combination of the sets with the tiny flashes of the melee is just beautiful. Another option would be colored carre cuts making up the halo.

emerald.png

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Thx so much Natascha! The invisible baguette halo looks great and adds to the size of the stone! I am now in the middle of deciding if I want to trade it in for a OEC :confused: But if I do not find the right one, then I will definitely be doing a halo! Mackenzarelli- Your ring is gorgeous and I posted in your thread on what a great job indeed you did! Please post pics of it on her hand with her size finger so I can see how much coverage to expect if I copy you! :naughty:

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I was obsessed with this ring for the longest time. I really like the thin halos of the Tacori Dantela collection. They have one with pave on the shank too, but the simplicity of the plain shank called to me:

2621ecsm_multi.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful. I currently have something a bit similar: Leon Mege 5 stone with the traps and bullets.

mackenzarelli

Rough_Rock
Emeraldcutlover|1343326884|3240637 said:
Hi! Thx so much Natascha! The invisible baguette halo looks great and adds to the size of the stone! I am now in the middle of deciding if I want to trade it in for a OEC :confused: But if I do not find the right one, then I will definitely be doing a halo! Mackenzarelli- Your ring is gorgeous and I posted in your thread on what a great job indeed you did! Please post pics of it on her hand with her size finger so I can see how much coverage to expect if I copy you! :naughty:

I will definitely do that.
I can tell you that ring size is slightly under an L ... I think that measures up to a 5 1/2 in US sizing
Go for it if you like it... if you are after a nicely proportioned ring for an EC of around this size, having now seen the final product, I can assure you that the stats I gave on my page will do it for you.
Happy to answer any other questions for you, if you decide to go for something similar. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results