shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut from James Allen has arrived. It's love?

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Haaay PSers! First - I'd like to thank those that helped me look at and ultimately select my new Emerald Cut diamond.

I have a beautiful e-ring from my (now) hubby from Whiteflash. He proposed in 2016 and we got hitched in 2018. I wanted a smaller, Emerald Cut diamond to wear on my casual/active days when I didn't want to wear the bigger diamond.

Looked at EC's mainly on James Allen's site due to their return policy and digital imaging. Fast-forward to 1.5 weeks later and this arrived! It's a 0.61 F VVS2 with their Platinum Petite Pave Engagement ring (flush fit), set east/west.

:kiss2:I LOVE the EC diamond. :kiss2: It's bright and crisp. I'm unsure of the setting. It seems a little "high" to me although I guess can see why since the culet of the EC is viewable in the side gallery (which, I like being able to see the tip of the bottom of the diamond).

What do we think of it all? Thoughts are more than welcomed!
IMG_7923.jpg
IMG_7954.jpg
IMG_7944 2.jpg
IMG_7959.jpg
IMG_7937 2.jpg

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's just LOVELY!!! I haven't seen many east-west set ECs, but I've had my eye on a sapphire baguette ring that looks very much like this!

It looks white and bright and absolutely fabulous with your bands!

Can you post a video? I'd love to see how the steps act when set this way! :appl:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
It's just LOVELY!!! I haven't seen many east-west set ECs, but I've had my eye on a sapphire baguette ring that looks very much like this!

It looks white and bright and absolutely fabulous with your bands!

Can you post a video? I'd love to see how the steps act when set this way! :appl:

Thank you! It is very bright indeed! A joy to look at. I have taken several videos... how do I post those? Do I upload them straight on here somehow or via YouTube?

Thanks again for chiming in. <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous. Congratulations.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It is very bright indeed! A joy to look at. I have taken several videos... how do I post those? Do I upload them straight on here somehow or via YouTube?

Thanks again for chiming in. <3

I think people do upload them to YouTube and then post a link. I can't wait to see it!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect!
Agreed with above: setting the EC too low will create issues with your bands, and rubbing. You also want a little space for cleaning.
It’s really white, crisp, and beautiful!! Great choice!
Please upload videos to YouTube & post them here!! I’d also love to see it move!!
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the step cut club!!! :kiss2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it :))

Hope you can get vids to work!

I personally would tend to prefer a lower setting, just because I would fear damage and catching it on things, but if it means you can see (and easily clean) the pavilion, then there are benefits to a higher setting :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it! And as somebody who has a ridiculously high set solitaire, to me your new diamond is not set high at all. Mine is almost 9mm from my finger :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh it's stepcutilicious! LOVE!:love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think its too high...I love how stackable it is! Love the E/W setting!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I think people do upload them to YouTube and then post a link. I can't wait to see it!!!

Then that’s what I’ll do! Need to sign up for YouTube and do my nails first. I have a couple vids but I want them to be perfect! Lol

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
It’s perfect!
Agreed with above: setting the EC too low will create issues with your bands, and rubbing. You also want a little space for cleaning.
It’s really white, crisp, and beautiful!! Great choice!
Please upload videos to YouTube & post them here!! I’d also love to see it move!!
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the step cut club!!! :kiss2:

Thank you again for helping me out with diamond choice! I’m thinking I’ll leave the setting as-is for now. I do like being able to clean all areas of the diamond.

I will definitely upload vids to YouTube and post them. Need to do my nails first for her debut!

I was thinking of calling her Rachel and my big rock can be Angelina. :)

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
It’s love!! She is just sooooo beautiful. I’m obsessed with the EW setting of the stone in the pave band... it looks so delicate (in a good way of course), but that’s also offset by the angular emerald cut... it’s such a lovely and well balanced ring! Beautiful!! :)

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock

I personally would tend to prefer a lower setting, just because I would fear damage and catching it on things, but if it means you can see (and easily clean) the pavilion, then there are benefits to a higher setting :)

I’ll upload some vids on YouTube!

Thanks v much for your input. My original e ring in a Vatche u113 has a diamond that was set way too high. I ended up resetting in the CVB Jovyn which was too low where’s I couldn’t see the culet (I didn’t know what to ask for as far as height at the time). Now, my e ring is set in a Vatche Caroline Pave and it’s pure love! Its perfect. Because I went thru three settings for my wrong; I think that’s why I’m always second-guessing the height!

Here’s a pic of my WF ACA 1.6 H VS1 with my new emerald - just for kicks! Not sure why the ACA looks so dark here. Maybe it’s the lighting?
4E933D77-8F6B-4462-9CB7-EEDBFFF8050E.jpeg
404426EE-E74E-488C-A7DB-B116F9136FF4.jpeg

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
It’s love!! She is just sooooo beautiful. I’m obsessed with the EW setting of the stone in the pave band... it looks so delicate (in a good way of course), but that’s also offset by the angular emerald cut... it’s such a lovely and well balanced ring! Beautiful!! :)

Thank you!! It was really fun choosing my own diamond and creating a semi-custom piece! Will post vids soon. :D

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I love everything about it! And as somebody who has a ridiculously high set solitaire, to me your new diamond is not set high at all. Mine is almost 9mm from my finger :lol:

Thank you! I went thru many settings with my ering until I found “the one” so that’s why I’m always second-guessing myself with diamond height!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you again for helping me out with diamond choice! I’m thinking I’ll leave the setting as-is for now. I do like being able to clean all areas of the diamond.

I will definitely upload vids to YouTube and post them. Need to do my nails first for her debut!

I was thinking of calling her Rachel and my big rock can be Angelina. :)

Happy to help!! This is what makes this forum so amazing!!
Looking forward to vids & your nails! ;)2
Thank you for sharing her with us!!! :kiss2:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
I love your new ring! Love the east west and I think it looks great with that gold band as well.

From the pics, it doesn’t look too high set to me.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Videos uploaded! There is 3 of them. :)

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Videos are loaded! Please let me know what you think! :D

Wow! I really LOVE It! This is definitely going in my "inspiration" folder!

I especially love the sun video. It looks like a stunner! And your nails look amazing! (I'm working on mine. That's one of my New Year's resolutions. :lol:) Thank you so much for posting these!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results