shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut eternity band?? Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I loove emerald cut eternity bands! I was wondering if we could get a thread going with pics and stats of rings:)

Also, are these typically more/less expensive than the same carat weight but in round brilliant? I''m wondering if it is possible to get a nice one for a couple thousand?

I would love to see some pictures:)!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
You''re probably looking for big EC''s, but I have a mini Emerald Cut 3/4 eternity wedding band from Single Stone in LA.
Stats:
10 stones, mini emerald cuts
F/VS1
TCW is likely in the .40 range
Ring size: 4 ¼
Platinum

It''s never occurred to me to check what a comparable RB semi eternity would run. Mine was over 2K, but the colour and clarity are high, so I would imagine there are ways to keep the costs down by adjusting those factors.

singlestone_fourviews.JPG

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Holy loveliness!!!! That is one gorgeous band!!
30.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thats one totally stunning band. I say that baby throws flashes like crazy.
4.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Pixely, I LOVE your ring!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Luckyshe, SparkleNut and Bella_mezzo - Thank you!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Pixley, yours is by far one of my favorite bands. Everytime I look at it I get a hankering to buy one (though maybe with French cuts instead--though that idea changes too).

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 6:52:42 PM
Author: pixley
You''re probably looking for big EC''s, but I have a mini Emerald Cut 3/4 eternity wedding band from Single Stone in LA.

Stats:

10 stones, mini emerald cuts

F/VS1

TCW is likely in the .40 range

Ring size: 4 ¼

Platinum

It''s never occurred to me to check what a comparable RB semi eternity would run. Mine was over 2K, but the colour and clarity are high, so I would imagine there are ways to keep the costs down by adjusting those factors.

that ring is really pretty - I don''t think I''ve seen it before :)

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock
here is my .93 tcw G vs half eternity with rounds and baguettes

Carats

Shiny_Rock
omg thats gorgeous!! do you have a hand shot? I would love to have one just like it hehe:)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Carats, are you looking for the emerald cuts to orient north/south, or east/west?

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I want them north/south :)

I was talking to someone who suggested baguettes as a more economical alternative? I don''t know if the look would be the same but either way I love the north south emerald cut eternity band.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Carats,

My best friend also wanted a N/S eternity band with emerald cuts. It was very hard to find without going custom and also fairly expensive. Apparently not many people cut small emerald cut melee and it is expensive to source. She ended up with baguettes. It is a little bit of a different look, but was much more economical. I have definitely seen this type of band and it is lovely, but I suspect it won''t be cheap.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 3:05:09 PM
Author: Carats
I want them north/south :)

I was talking to someone who suggested baguettes as a more economical alternative? I don''t know if the look would be the same but either way I love the north south emerald cut eternity band.
Ah, glad I asked - I was about to post some east/west baguette bands, lol! And yes, I agree that baguettes would be easier to source, and less expensive.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
OMG--that is my dream ring--platinum with .25-.30 stones.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
what is the difference btw baguette and emerald in how it looks? can you tell the difference or is it basically the same? How much would I save in cost?

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 11:13:47 AM
Author: Carats
omg thats gorgeous!! do you have a hand shot? I would love to have one just like it hehe:)

thanks! here is a hand shot (poor quality - i only have a phone camera to work with). for reference my ring size is 5 (altho i had this made a tad larger so i can stack it with others in the future ;)), it consists of 5 clusters of 4 rb with the 4 baguettes in between and is prong set in wg.

DSC00266.JPG

Carats

Shiny_Rock
bump

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi carats, not sure how you feel about ebay, but I came across this listing

haven''t used them ever, but I must say this store seems quite reputable / decent quality and they also have a "real life" store in LA.

1632-1D21583_2_40_18K.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love that style!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results