shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald cut diamond is it worth the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monty2004

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking for an emerald cut and thought I had found a good one at Blue Nile: they listed it as very good cut; 2.69ct: 9.49*6.89*4.3; vs1; F color. The GIA report gave depth of 66% table 63%. $24,100.
I checked the Sarin report and though the depth figure agreed and the measurements were essentially the same, the table was given as 66.3% which I think is significantly worse. Also crown height = 10.2%. Blue Nile claims any height over 9% is ideal but that seems low. Help. Any thoughts

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It's so hard with ECs, but given what's out there this one looks pretty good to me.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ahh. You are searching for a perfectly cut fancy shaped stone in a larger size above 1.0cts...LOL if you find a better stone than this one you are a lucky devil! This is a great stone. is it perfect? No. But well cut emeralds are hard to find. Was this one? If not, and you think finding a stone with mid 60's depth and table is easy, keep looking.

Have you seen it? that's the REAL test. Try to see it and if not return it. I don't like that option, but with fancy shapes you need to SEEE the stone. It sounds like a winner, but becareful you don't get so picky that you searh for the elusive "prefect stone" that has never been cut! Sometimes you just have to do the best you can to find it and take a chance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results