color
clarity

Emerald cut diamond eternity / Solitaire engagement

Chestermana

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi
New to PS but a long time lurker!
I last year I bought a lovely solitaire engagement ring for my lovely wife. She has swollen knuckles, so needs a size 9 US, her old engagement enaggement ring wouldn’t fit, she well deserved it. On advice from PS & others, we went with Whiteflash In Houston, Brittany was fantastic. We live in the UK, but have pay over the odds for nice jewellery here, so went with a US vendor. It proved remarkably painless, apart from having to pay tax and duty to UK customs as well. The solitaire is a 1.96 G SI1 a cut above, in a simple platinum cathedral setting, size 9
Earlier this year, I started looking for something for her for our anniversary, a pressie for suffering me for months of lockdown (not easy). I really liked some of the emerald cut eternity bands posted on PS, and settled on another US import, from ID jewelry in NYC. Jonna was brilliant. In June my wife received her gorgeous EC diamond full eternity band, 22 EC diamonds, F VS1, approaching 8.6 CTW, in a delicate “airline” u-prong platinum setting, size 9.25.
She has another full eternity, from UK vendor Jeremy Fisher, round diamonds, 2 CTW, in a platinum channel setting size.
She stacks the 2 eternities either side of the engagement ring, with a 2 mm spacer. The EC eternity is tall, would foul her engagement ring and cut into the prongs over time, hence the spacer.
Normally ladies seem to wear EC eternities with matching EC engagement rings, but I had an inkling the mix of emerald and round diamonds would look great, she agreeS, which is all that matters. She loves her solitaire engagement, and was delighted with the gorgeous ID eternity band, an unusual ring over here.
Many thanks to Whiteflash, ID and Jezzer, all highly recommended! 46C6505C-ABC6-413F-A253-4561071D6A54.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy hairballs, what a stunning ring set! Please, please can we see many more pictures, up close of the settings & on her lovely hand?

Glad your experiences with dealing in the US went well. I had a ring made by Daniel M last year & it was painless too. Just galls me the import tax & customs is high & we get a bit stung when we go to collect our pretties from the Post Office.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome :)) and the WF ACA stone was a great find in that spec and size!

Please do post more pictures if you're happy to do so :)

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi
New to PS but a long time lurker!
I last year I bought a lovely solitaire engagement ring for my lovely wife. She has swollen knuckles, so needs a size 9 US, her old engagement enaggement ring wouldn’t fit, she well deserved it. On advice from PS & others, we went with Whiteflash In Houston, Brittany was fantastic. We live in the UK, but have pay over the odds for nice jewellery here, so went with a US vendor. It proved remarkably painless, apart from having to pay tax and duty to UK customs as well. The solitaire is a 1.96 G SI1 a cut above, in a simple platinum cathedral setting, size 9
Earlier this year, I started looking for something for her for our anniversary, a pressie for suffering me for months of lockdown (not easy). I really liked some of the emerald cut eternity bands posted on PS, and settled on another US import, from ID jewelry in NYC. Jonna was brilliant. In June my wife received her gorgeous EC diamond full eternity band, 22 EC diamonds, F VS1, approaching 8.6 CTW, in a delicate “airline” u-prong platinum setting, size 9.25.
She has another full eternity, from UK vendor Jeremy Fisher, round diamonds, 2 CTW, in a platinum channel setting size.
She stacks the 2 eternities either side of the engagement ring, with a 2 mm spacer. The EC eternity is tall, would foul her engagement ring and cut into the prongs over time, hence the spacer.
Normally ladies seem to wear EC eternities with matching EC engagement rings, but I had an inkling the mix of emerald and round diamonds would look great, she agreeS, which is all that matters. She loves her solitaire engagement, and was delighted with the gorgeous ID eternity band, an unusual ring over here.
Many thanks to Whiteflash, ID and Jezzer, all highly recommended! 46C6505C-ABC6-413F-A253-4561071D6A54.jpeg

I am lovvvving that E-cut band!

Chestermana

Rough_Rock
Trade
More ... two WF photos of the engagement ring and one of Jeremy Fisher's eternity (much prettier close up!).

Must big up Jeremy - when we we had Joan's rings appraised, the jeweller was impressed, he valued the eternity a lot more than I paid!

Will take more photos of Joan's stack when the sun comes out. Dull in Scotland at the moment!

Alex T - Joan says thank you so much for the kind comments! Are you from these isles too perhaps? Importing was painless - thankfully nothing went amiss. I think a good vendor is vital which is where the PS forum and Paul at 4Cs were a great help.

Ooohshiny - thanks yes the solitaire is lovely. Thanks to Brittany at WF who recommended it, and Paul at 4Cs who gave a comforting second opinion. Joan absolutely loves it!

autumngems - thank you! Joan didn't know quite what to expect with the EC eternity but it exceeded expectations. So unusual in the UK too, I'd never see one before - perhaps you need to live in London and frequent Bond Street!

Alan

EF36C0FA-2DA9-468E-8D24-7A35B6258525.jpeg 8DD32EEE-63C4-48E1-8028-ACFDB9237EA4.jpeg 3E5E7AE0-9B26-4488-A853-B9033822763E_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More ... two WF photos of the engagement ring and one of Jeremy Fisher's eternity (much prettier close up!).

Must big up Jeremy - when we we had Joan's rings appraised, the jeweller was impressed, he valued the eternity a lot more than I paid!

Will take more photos of Joan's stack when the sun comes out. Dull in Scotland at the moment!

Alex T - Joan says thank you so much for the kind comments! Are you from these isles too perhaps? Importing was painless - thankfully nothing went amiss. I think a good vendor is vital which is where the PS forum and Paul at 4Cs were a great help.

Ooohshiny - thanks yes the solitaire is lovely. Thanks to Brittany at WF who recommended it, and Paul at 4Cs who gave a comforting second opinion. Joan absolutely loves it!

autumngems - thank you! Joan didn't know quite what to expect with the EC eternity but it exceeded expectations. So unusual in the UK too, I'd never see one before - perhaps you need to live in London and frequent Bond Street!

Alan

EF36C0FA-2DA9-468E-8D24-7A35B6258525.jpeg 8DD32EEE-63C4-48E1-8028-ACFDB9237EA4.jpeg 3E5E7AE0-9B26-4488-A853-B9033822763E_1_201_a.jpeg

I have always wanted to visit the UK

Chestermana

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks again for the kind comments. Joan says your bling is all pretty cool too!

Fab50 - Joan has her eye on your ginormous rock, I knew this was going to cost me! Yes I loved the photo of all the ECs together - sadly ID didn’t put the spares in the bo! Darn it!

Autumgems - do come to UK and visit Scotland. Bring a raincoat

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I ummm'd and ahhh'd about using Whiteflash and also other American vendors, and it's clearly paid off for you and your clearly very loved Joan!

That's quite the set she has, I can't imagine the sparkle factor! What does she think of the ACA? You did very well with the size and clarity, probably helped buffer that awful tax and customs. Ye-ouch.

I have enjoyed reading your excitement, but you realise you are doomed now that Joan has seen Pricescope! :D

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that emerald eternity ring is gorgeous!!!

What a considerate sweet husband you are. Wishing you both much sparkly happiness!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for the kind comments. Joan says your bling is all pretty cool too!

Fab50 - Joan has her eye on your ginormous rock, I knew this was going to cost me! Yes I loved the photo of all the ECs together - sadly ID didn’t put the spares in the bo! Darn it!

Autumgems - do come to UK and visit Scotland. Bring a raincoat

Thanks to both you, @Chestermana ! But you can tell Joan that her Whiteflash ACA is a much better cut than mine!! And the ECs, all F and vs1s!!! Wow! You definitely did great on all of them. :kiss2: 8)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That emerald eternity ring is simply stunning!!!!! :kiss2:

Chestermana

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi y’all. Joan says thanks for more kind comments!! I’m not sure she’d describe me as sweet, it certainly applies to you pricescopers!!
Anyway here are some more photos of Joan’s set. The sun finally 4829A5A4-3A24-4C0F-9EE4-9A2B0AF600F0.jpeg 0C6C24E8-9175-464D-AE64-F7C106EF71A8.jpeg 197F7865-F236-4E4A-80DE-F2827ADBE3D5.jpeg came

Chestermana

Rough_Rock
Trade
The EC eternity is sized for right hand too. Joan wanted to ask, do you feel the solitaire ER and emerald cut band clash? Too much for one finger? If you had a set like this, how would you wear them?

I like them however she wants them!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
What beautiful rings. That EC band is #ringgoals! Fellow Scot here in sunny-ish Glasgow here :)

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of the rings stacked all together, as well the EC band alone. It's great to have that flexibility, depending on mood/activities/level of swelling/etc. My fingers tend to swell a lot from time to time, summer, food, etc. Sometimes I can only wear one ring, and sometimes I can stack away and they are all freely spinning.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with @Fabulous50 in that my fingers swell in heat & shrink quite considerably in cold, so I like to have options. My wedding band & pear cut are always together, but sometimes I flip my eternity to my right hand & sometimes I wear the eternity in the middle of the three. When my hands are very cold I need all 3 to keep them in place, but when very hot & I can only tolerate 2 together. Aging is rubbish!

I personally like Joan's set with the solitaire in the middle. I also think the EC band is substantial enough to wear alone on her right hand too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! She has a fabulous ring collection thanks to you! Each piece is gorgeous on its own and she has lots of options for wearing them. Tell Joan to wear the rings together or separate - whichever look she likes - and she can't go wrong. You can never bore PSers with pictures - we live for them - lol!

GK2

Rough_Rock
absolutely stunning rings - they look fabulous on Joan’s hand!

:wavey:Hello Scotland from down here in Yorkshire

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results