shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut ASET pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
I decided to start a new post since I don''t think my last post will get the help I''m looking for.

I recently purchased a .71 emerald cut diamond from blue nile, since I haven''t even seen the diamond I decided that I would purchase a ASET scope so I can decide whether I like the stone or not once it arrives. I''m looking to see if anyone can give some specific advice for things I should be looking for with a emerald cut stone.

It would even better if anyone had some ASET pictures of emerald cuts specifically so they could give me some examples of range from excellent to poor.

Thanks for any and all the help!!!

Ryan

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something like this but the actual patterns are going to vary a lot I would consider excellent.
This is aset white which is what you would see with the hand help scope.

ECex.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one has red out to the edge and red center but stinks.
woofEC.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a different looking good one,,

differentEX.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for....thanks a lot. I know the patterns can vary and that is what is making it a bit difficult to understand and since I will only have one diamond to check I needed some ideas of what was good or bad. So blue isn''t necessarily all bad, it''s where it is and how much i''m guessing?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Karl comes through again. You''re such a generous PS''er
21.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 4:31:55 PM
Author: Ryan327
That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for....thanks a lot. I know the patterns can vary and that is what is making it a bit difficult to understand and since I will only have one diamond to check I needed some ideas of what was good or bad. So blue isn''t necessarily all bad, it''s where it is and how much i''m guessing?
When blue and white create pleasing patterns and is balanced by enough red and green to make a bright diamond it is a good one.
Read through the p3 article linked above as the p3 angle is critical.

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
I actually read it almost right after you posted it...I''ll probably need some time to digest the information before I come back and look over it again to see what I might have missed.

A second question I had was...can you take pictures with a handheld aset scope? It would probably be much more helpful if I could post them on here and get some opinions, but wasn''t even sure if that was a possibility.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 5:40:48 PM
I actually read it almost right after you posted it...I''ll probably need some time to digest the information before I come back and look over it again to see what I might have missed.

A second question I had was...can you take pictures with a handheld aset scope? It would probably be much more helpful if I could post them on here and get some opinions, but wasn''t even sure if that was a possibility.

yes you can with most point and shoot cameras.
It is easier if you have the ideal light but it can be done without but it takes 3 hands.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/8/2008 5:40:48 PM

http://www.ideal-scope.com/newsletters_issue008.asp
http://www.ideal-scope.com/newsletters_issue009.asp
Small lens cameras work with the hand held ASET scope.
Pot your pics and we will happily help :)

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
That makes sense with the ideal scope since the the camera lens is the same as the opening, but what about with the ASET that only has the small pinhole. Do you just take the cover off and then place the camera lens on the magnification lens?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
leave the top on...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/8/2008 10:53:35 PM
That makes sense with the ideal scope since the the camera lens is the same as the opening, but what about with the ASET that only has the small pinhole. Do you just take the cover off and then place the camera lens on the magnification lens?
That is why the small lens cameras work best :)

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Here goes nothing...even though I don''t have any real diamonds I decided to take some practice shots with some of the cheap jewelery my girlfriend has laying around...try not to laugh too hard, the engagement ring will be her only piece of good jewelery with the exception of her valentines gift this past year...guess I''ve been slacking!

Am I on the right track with these pictures?

Compressed005.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
same stone, different angle...

Compressed004.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Another practice shot with a <1.00 earing
25.gif

Compressed003.jpg

Ryan327

Rough_Rock
Last one.....now any tips for getting pictures or things I should be expecting when trying to photograph the real stone.

Compressed002.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
doing good.
It is hard to say but it looks like they may be a bit to far into the scope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results