shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut...ASET, Ideal Scope, and video...oh my!?!

justbuying121

Rough_Rock
I am looking at an emerald cut diamond for a Tacori ec setting. I am worried that the center of this diamond is too dark. Do I have a problem, or am I just over thinking it??? I am looking at the 1.26 carat. Any thoughts or suggestions??

aset_89.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRInluFlzMI

The 1.26 is on the left in the video.

I was looking for an emerald cut with the following criteria:
~1.25 carat
G or better
VS1 or better
Around 1.4 ratio

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one on the left catches my eye more often than the one on the right.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I to choose, I like the 1.26 better. Does he have any others to show you?

justbuying121

Rough_Rock
I am sure that I could ask to see more options. Just wasn't sure if I was being too picky, or the center being too dark is an issue.

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
justbuying121|1482204420|4108481 said:
I am sure that I could ask to see more options. Just wasn't sure if I was being too picky, or the center being too dark is an issue.

I was a part of purchasing two diamonds from GOG recently and really loved their customer service and patience. The first diamond was a mrb and we bought the first diamond they pulled! The second diamond, an asscher, took about 2 months, 10+ pulls and 4 videos. They also provided asets and ideal scopes but what I found most useful was Jon's video commentary. It gave me invaluable insight and education for what I was purchasing especially since the fancy shapes are difficult to buy.

I would definitely ask for more options or Jon's video commentary if you don't feel 100% confident in your choice.

mrfat

Rough_Rock
I would be concerned that the center can be dark too. Notice how it's viewed at a particular angle and only slightly tilted. At another angle you might see a very dark center. This is why you have to view them in person and at multiple viewing angles. Especially with these types of cuts it is very hard to choose the right one. They may look great at a particular angle and awful at another. We were looking at various ascher cuts and they had this issue too. Looks fine for the most part but when she's typing at the keyboard the center was dark. I've sent back 5 diamonds because of this and am now trying to convince her on another cut.

justbuying121

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I decided not to buy it. I don't want any regrets. Just going to have to look a little longer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results