Emerald color

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, what do you think about this one? Tia

20240123_125420.jpg 20240123_125418.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the colour alone, I like it, a nice medium blue-green.

However, I can see zoning, and am not too keen on that dark patch in the upper middle part of the stone.

DK :kiss2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the colour and size.
You’d just need to confirm that there are no surface reaching fissures / fractures otherwise one accidental bump and disaster.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my thoughts
Kinda depends on price point?
is this on your hand?

if the price was right for what level of treatment it has-
- plus it’s not going to be a high level scintillating stone -
the ‘dark patch’ wouldn’t bother me
if
it didn’t stay in the same area upon rotation.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
The seller is not a gemologist and he's absolutely clueless. I asked if it has oil and he said "no, there's no oil pouring out of it". Yep, that's my hand, so it's big. I'll go back and check for the fractures myself.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really nice but it would be even nicer at the right price!

Can you check the measurements as well? I tend to be a bit wary of windows if they are too shallow.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, nice size and hue! I like that slightly less saturated blue-green -- but these are typically less included gems than the trade-ideal color.

Is the darker area between 12:00 and 1:00 just because of the gap between your fingers, or is it always visible?

I don't mind jardin but the dark inclusions at 12:00, 2:00, and 7:00 would bug me. And I can not even see the pavilion through all the inclusions.

Personally, I would vote for a smaller, less-included stone and preferably in a step cut.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The seller is not a gemologist and he's absolutely clueless. I asked if it has oil and he said "no, there's no oil pouring out of it". Yep, that's my hand, so it's big. I'll go back and check for the fractures myself.

Geez, with an attitude like that, I am not sure if I would want to buy from him!

DK :roll2:

Joanne10

Rough_Rock
Do you love that emerald, OP? Does it make your heart sing every time you see it or think of it? Because if it doesn’t, I personally would go for the highest quality stone my budget would allow. Or really, any other stone what just makes me smile every time I see it.

Colour is very nice, but it’s maybe just a bit unsaturated? That’s how it reads on my monitor, anyway. I might be wrong. Clarity is honestly bothersome, but I think you should decide what your personal preferences are and where you’re willing to compromise and where you are not. Also, I’ve learnt the hard way how important cut is in a stone - buying a windowed stone gets pretty disappointing pretty quick…

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Edit: I know I sound like a compilation of every single bit of advice given here on PS, but it’s quite true. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results