shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald and trillion ring settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

koconnor214

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a 3.0 carat columbian emerald (I should receive it in the next few days--I''m crossing my fingers that it is as beautiful as the pictures!) to replace the emerald in an old ring (my ring had a small emerald 1.0 carat and diamond trillions appr. .90 carat tw.). Does anyone know of a good source for emerald-cut and trillion ring settings? I know I can have one custom-made, but I thought someone might have a better idea. Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will have to match the size of your emerald, and chances are a fine stone like that is no "calibrated" (menain, not cut by an arbitrary l/w ratio to fit a settings off the rack).

Not to mention the new setting will have to fit your trillions, and those add to the matching problem.

Now, there are different levels of "custom" from starting with platinum bulk to assembling semifinished parts. The results may look more or less close to you. Prices are quite different.

DiamondsByLauren posts a pretty good presentation of what these types of settings are all about.

34.gif
Here it is

Their page tells the broad picture (quite well, IMO) - every jeweler has his variation to the theme. And prices vary quite a bit, it seems. Since you already have the trillions, this cannot be too much of an investment regardless.

Hope some of this helps.

Also, you might want to take a look at the settings made for square and rectangular diamonds by these guys. You would need to contact them if the things look right, but it may be worth the throuble. The finish of their classic, no frills rings looks pretty darn close to perfect (to me, again).

koconnor214

Rough_Rock
Ana--

Thanks so much for the website info. The detail is very helpful (I had done many searches, but this is the best info yet)!

Karen

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 11:29:33 AM
Author:koconnor214
I just purchased a 3.0 carat columbian emerald (I should receive it in the next few days--I''m crossing my fingers that it is as beautiful as the pictures!)

Pics? You have Pics? Post please !

koconnor214

Rough_Rock
Here''s the link to the emerald I purchased: www.twin-diamonds.com/gemstone/4013.htm

I was looking for a stone around 2.5- 4.0 carats for a reasonable price. I wanted decent clarity, since I''ve always wanted a nice emerald ring (it is my birthstone also). I can return the stone, if I don''t like it. If you know of any great sources for emeralds, let me know. Thanks!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a twin to Twin-Diamonds... THIS Emeralds seem to be the speciality of this shop.

The usual gem refference sites mentioned around here (not that I know any better) Palagems and Cherrypicked show off some stupendous stuff, but may not be able to compete in this price range.

Among the professionals posting here, David Emslie reported a bit ago on a tremendous pair of trapische emeralds (on this thread). If he could source that, perhaps he might have some useful ideal for you.

I am still having nightmares about those green drops !
37.gif

trapiche.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results