shape
carat
color
clarity

Elongated Radiant - Assessment Input

silentmojave

Rough_Rock
I’ve been hunting for an elongated radiant center stone for about a year (after a very long fascination with a “moval” cut) and am trying to evaluate this stone remotely - I’m hoping I can get some extra input here to make up for where my knowledge is lacking!

My main objective is to avoid winding up with a stone that underwhelms in-person when considering fire/brilliance/scintillation. Unfortunately, the only setting I really like is from a jeweler on the other side of the country, so I’ve been working my way through their inventory of stones looking for one that suits.

Any input that can help avoid what may be an obvious misstep would be much appreciated!

Stats:
Cut: Elongated Radiant (Cut Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant)
Weight: 2.62 carats
Color: F
Dimensions: 9.77 x 6.77 x 4.50

Table: 63%
Depth: 66.5%
Crown: 14%
Pavilion: 48.5%

b3d4b51e-5484-4302-aef6-a520f038f139.jpeg
2ad1f090-f891-4243-adc7-69964401d522.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

silentmojave

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I don’t have an ASET report for it, but I did manage to get a video with more normal lighting conditions than the 360.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry and I have a different view of assessment on a radiant.
There can be useful info gleaned from an ASET- but in-person assessment is really the only 100% reliable method in my view.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry and I have a different view of assessment on a radiant.
There can be useful info gleaned from an ASET- but in-person assessment is really the only 100% reliable method in my view.

I agree and add that this can only be done with a comparison stone or years of experience in the same lighting environment.
ASET is primarily a rejection tool. Agree David?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Agree David?

1000%
If I could not look at the diamond in person, an ASET is a valuable component of visual representation online.
I'd add that it's easier to manipulate "regular" pics, as opposed to ASET.
Still- I'm not committing on a radiant sight unseen, regardless of imagery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results