shape
carat
color
clarity

Elizabethan era Jewelry help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tahitiangirl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I have to do a project for school all about jewelry in the Elizabethan era. I have some pretty accurate information, or at least I think so, but I need interesting facts and some pictures to go on a poster. If anyone knows of any sites that sell and or have pictures of some Elizabethan era jewelry please post them!!!!
Thanks,
-Stephanie
1.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some sites:

Elizabethan jewelry -- no pics

Jewelry with some pics

Also, if you don''t like what you find on those sites in lieu of pictures, try some gothic websites as well, as the jewelry on those sites tends towards Elizabethan and Renaissance era.

*M*

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
they used a lot of glass pearls. see janet arnold "queen elizabeth wardrobe unlocked" for an inventory of what she owned.

be careful with websites. a lot of oft quoted misinformation out there.

carefully researched SCA articles. Portraits from the National Portrait Gallery. primary source documentation.

contact Lady satine de la courcel of the sca --she has done a lot of worthy research on elizabethan jewelry.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
There is a book called "Tudor and Stuart Jewelry" or something like that. I have a copy, but not right in front of me at this moment. You may be able to find an old copy somewhere. It has very detailed pictures of the jewelry worn in England at the time of the Tudors and the Stuarts. I''ll try to find my book and get the exact name. The most famous piece is the diamond ring of Queen Elizabeth that has a secret compartment with a portrait of herself and Anne Boleyn (her mother).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results