shape
carat
color
clarity

Elexese diamonds - any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jwd1

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any opinions on Elexese diamonds (www.elexese.com)? In particular, how they compare to a regular GIA certified Ideal cut diamond?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
GIA does not "certify" diamonds as "Ideal". GIA doesn't even grade cut proportions.

I see no reason to buy a diamond from these guys. It has been shown many times over the 60/60 is not optimal. Having only the depth and table numbers doesn't really tell you much anyway.

Their not-so-impressive website reads to me like average goods being "branded" to try to get a few more dollars per carat out of them.

Many of the vendors who post on this board have better, more educational websites, and give you more value for your diamond dollar.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Harry Winston used to cut their diamonds to 60/60 and some would argue that 60/60's are visually more appealing than the current smaller table "ideals". They certainly have a different look and I think the appeal of such diamonds needs to be seen to be appreciated. The one I saw at Robbin's Brothers certainly had a lot of brilliance, and perhaps a bit less fire (under their bright lights!) next to a typical AGS000.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mebbe looked larger too?

If you are going to buy a branded stone, don't buy a 60/60 IMO. If you are going to spend that much money, get a branded superideal or H&A or something. I would never pay a premium for something like a BIC! In fact, my stone was slightly discounted because of its not-quite-ideal proportions, meant more ctw on smaller budget for us!
1.gif

This is interesting text from that website...Garry where are you. What do you think?? Coveted 60/60?!

--------------------

"Every Elexese round diamond is cut to the coveted 60/60 proportions. This means that both the width of the diamonds table (uppermost surface)
and the diamond´s overall depth measure about sixty percent of its overall diameter.

A diamond that is deeper than this will weigh more, but have less brilliance.So will a diamond thats cut too wide. A diamond with a reduced table will
appear to be smaller, though it may actually weigh the same. According to the Diamond Masters Guild, a round diamond cut to the 60/60 ratio will have
the largest visual appearance of any round diamond of maximum brilliance.

In other diamond shapes, Elexese strictly follows the complex ratios and formulas set forth by the Diamond Masters Guild. This is why Elexese oval, pear and
marquise diamond´s are neither too narrow nor too wide. And Elexese princess, radiant and emerald shapes sparkle with all the dazzling brilliance of a round.
Every Elexese diamond is meticulously cut to the same proportions as every other Elexese diamond of that shape.No other brand in the world can make this claim. "

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I smell marketing ploy.
Up_to_something.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Mara 100%.

One of the beautiful things about a 60/60 is precisely that- no need to pay for a branded stone, or a H&A.

Now, I understand the lure of H&A- I've seen it's effects on certain people- but then again, I've seen tons of people fall head over heels over a well made radiant cut. Some people like the organized facet pattern, others do not.

If the cutter does not need to have every facet perfectly aligned to make the H&A pattern, the cutter has a lot of great possibilites for a round diamond which are unavailable if you're going for AGS000-

All I'm saying is- take a look at both and decide which you love better. A non branded , yet well cut 60/60 is going to cost a lot less than an AGS000. For those choosing 60/60 because they love the look, this just adds to the llove affair!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results