shape
carat
color
clarity

elara vs. lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherice

Rough_Rock
I was looking for a good asscher cut... tough spot of work if you ask me... and I ran into the Elara cut. The woman I talked to swore that it was identical to the Lucida cut. The Lucida would be my first choice since she likes squares and I like rbs.
Is it really the same cut? What is the difference? She said they kind of came out at the same time. The business is very nice, but I wonder if she knows. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
Dont give up so quickly on the Asscher...YOU CAN FIND A NICE STONE...but it will take some work!!

as for the elara and lucida...I DONT KNOW but HIGHLY DOUBT they are exactly the same...I am sure there is some kinda patent on the cut or something...but others will be able to give you better advice...

if you havent you can do a search here on asschers...there is some good info... I LOVE THE STONE THAT I GOT! HERE is hoping she does too!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/27/2004 4:16:40 PM asscherice wrote:

The woman I talked to swore that it was identical to the Lucida cut.
----------------

Nope. The two are very different. Except for the launch date and the square shape, there is not much these have in common at all. Most different is the cut of the pavilions (the face-up look of the stone): the Lucida has a step cut crown (like the Asscher and the Lucere branded diamonds) and Elara (or Flanders, these are the same) have a barion style crown. The resulting look is quite different.

There was a recent discussion (HERE) on the Elara, and obviously a couple of PS posters have bought such stones and can comment in more detail if you choose to contact them.

In my opinion, the only cut somewhat like the Lucida is the Lucere brand ( EXAMPLE HERE ) - with the same crown cut (perhaps a bit shallower, on average) and a slightly different pavilion.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ElaraLucereLucida.JPG

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I saw several Elaras and used the ideal scope on them and thought that had a lot of light leakage - much more than the Lucere. Even within the Lucere the stones can be cut differently and you can get some great stones and some really bad ones. The Lucidas are very consistent in cut Tiffany's says they control this process very rigourously and after examining a half dozen or so and looking at the spec sheets I believe them!!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results