shape
carat
color
clarity

Ekati diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanbruno

Rough_Rock
I just went engagement ring shopping in San Francisco and was introduced to "Ekati diamonds" from Canada. They exhibited hearts and arrows and AGS certification. Does anyone have any thoughts on these? They looked pretty nice.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
www.ekati.ca Probably quite expensive, eh?
smile.gif
No, seriously, they should be pretty nice - AGS0 and Hearts and Arrows. However, they should be more expensive because they are *non-conflict* diamonds.Recently I called a couple of authorized distributors here in Canada and asked about the prices. They refused to answer by phone. They suggested visiting the store to get a quote...
confused.gif
After a few years when Canadian mines will work on the full capacity the prices should go down.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think L is right - a bit of novelty factor.
The mine is about 2 years old and not at full capacity yet.
In 2 more years Canadian production will be about 2-4 times greater.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It does! I'm impressed
lickout.gif
Could you share the source?

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
leonid,I have talk with two suppliers of the Canadian good, and there prices are not bad at all. One of the two I have actually had some input as to marketing, pricing, etc. They should compete very nicely with other premium makes.You do have the same price differences between B&M, Net, and Brick & clicks. So shopping may yeild better pricing. Just remember services are worth something too.------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry, I don't know who in Canada is a retailer. The folks(wholesaler) I'm involved with are US based, and the brand is Tundra.Nice product, nice people.------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
StevL, can you recomend anybody in Canada who sells these goods?I just picked couple of official distributors in Toronto from the Ekati.ca site. Both have the stores in the malls.

sanbruno

Rough_Rock
I have the specs at home, but from memory...
(US)$8800, 1.21 c, VS2, F. GIA excellent cut/polish. AGS 000. Does that sound reasonable?Another one was 1.12 C, VS2, G. same cut specs. $7600.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sanbruno! As more references from the consumers we'll get here as better for generations to come
smile.gif

sanbruno

Rough_Rock
I saw the ekati at:
Derco Jewelers
888 Brannan Street, Suite 137
San Francisco, CA 94103
415-626-7442
http://www.ekati.ca/nf/en/buy/retailers.html#USA The jeweler is based in a "wholesale" gift center with access restricted to people with business re-sale licenses and contacts with businesses within the gift center. It's not too difficult to get in as long as you can find someone who can refer you to a business within the gift center.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results