shape
carat
color
clarity

Eighstar Owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmndlvr

Rough_Rock
Can any Eightstar owners comment on why you chose an Eightstar and did not mind paying the premium that comes with buying a branded diamond?
Looking into this further to see if it is an option I should strongly consider.
Thank you for any comments.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
I went EightStar because I wanted to be sure of the best possible cut. Perfectly cut diamonds generate more wasted diamond material when they are manufactured. Ordinarily a cutter will avoid this waste because it represents loss of carat weight. Consequently a superbly cut diamond is one that has intentionally been made that way from the outset. These diamonds all carry trademarks and I regard EightStar to be the best of the best.

One can use the tools provided here on Pricescope and elsewhere to look for a diamond that has a good cut, but not necessarily a superb cut. I doubt you'll ever find a superbly cut, non trademarked, diamond in a merchant's general inventory.

Compare an EightStar alongside another diamond that seems to have really good cut parameters --especially in subdued light. This visual comparision is the only way to know if a superbly cut diamond is worth the extra money.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, I'm not a customer but rather a vendor. Here are a few reasons why my customers have purchased Eightstar diamonds. Funny, many vendors said I would be lucky to sell 3 or 4 a year based on price alone. I have been a dealer for two years and have sold nearly fifty. I also carry other diamonds and simply let the customer decide after comparing.

Here are eight reasons listed in priority of my customer's views so far. I'm sure I could think of a few more, but these are the main reasons I hear.
1. Leading edge technology (optical symmetry, not old school of 2 dimension thinking)
2. Limited Supply (you could be one of less than 1000 this year)
3. History, Heritage and Pedigree (being the first heart and arrow diamond, and lab thoughts and findings)
4. Cut in America (California to be more specific)
5. Pride in ownership
6. Current origin of rough Canada
7. Custom cuts can be done (and have been)
8. Superior service by authorized and educated dealers

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
9. It was the most beautiful one I looked at.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
D R Riley,
I think I would move yours to number 1 and drop the others down a notch.

I have had people buy Eightstars for many reasons but I have never heard one person say they were not beautiful and elegant. Some have a slight problem with the price and that is the only thing I have ever had anyone give a negative comment on. Some get over it and others don't, but they all agree they are special and unique.

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
I am not an Eightstar owner, but here is my $.02:

If cost were no object, I would not hestitate for a minute to buy an Eightstar because from what I have learned so far I understand that it is *the best of the best* when it comes to cut.

As one who has to work for a living, cost will *always* be an object for me, and I will always be looking to get the most diamond for my money. That means I will *never* buy an Eightstar because I know I can get a *significantly* larger diamond with *very nearly just as good* a cut for the same money.

If you want the best of the best, pick an Eighstar. If you want the most for your money and you see diamond shopping as a matter of tradeoffs, look elsewhere.

stamp

Rough_Rock
The perfect firescope image that other diamonds cannot compete.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Stamp, are you buying a diamond or firescope image? :)

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Caratz,

Good argument. It's the perfect one for someone buying H-I SI2 to use. Someone after biggest size for the money with nothing negative to see might well not go looking for an EightStar. Arguments for that when you go to VS2 as well, perhaps.

Once you go above those color and clarty combinations, you're choosing some higher quality than you need for some reason. When you decide to pay more than the minimum, going for the best cut out there seems like a pretty good starting point to me. Even if getting it means dropping the color - I've been really impressed with how beautiful low color EightStars look, preferring their look to those with very high color.

Up to each person to work out how much knowing they have the best cut is worth compared to the other factors, like VS or VVS or IF clarity or D rather than F, G, H or lower color.

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Distracted though I am, I do have to stop by from time to time, lest people think I've vanished completely.:)

stamp

Rough_Rock
I like the firescope image as well as it symbols the art of craftsmanship.:twirl: Just like some people wants the IF clarity or D color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results