shape
carat
color
clarity

EighStar in ring with other diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wade_44

Rough_Rock
I am thinking of getting this Simon G ring shown in the picture (G). Would an EightStar make the other diamonds look bad in the ring because of the difference in fire? The other diamonds are small (24 diamonds with total weight of .41 cts).

Should I try to match the color of the center stone and the other stones within a few grades? I am thinking of something around 0.9 F. I don''t know what color grade diamond comes in the ring, but I will ask.

Thanks for any and all comments on this.

simonG.jpg

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Think of the diamonds as the supporting cast. They are not intended to compete with the main attraction. I'm sure they'll look just fine surrounding the EightStar.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I have an F color eightstar diamond. The original sidestones were lower color, I'm guessing H or I color, and I did not like the way they looked next to my eightstar. They were about 15 pointers and not that well cut which could have made the difference more noticable than you will see with more tiny diamonds which hopefully look white and sparkly. I disliked my ring so much (the eightstar made the ovals look terrible) that I exchanged the oval diamonds for sapphires and it looks much better now. This situation is different than yours, but I do think that it would be nice if the diamonds in the setting were not much lower in color than your eightstar. The eightstars face up sooooo white.

What happened to the picture of the ring you are considering? I'd love to see it. :)

wade_44

Rough_Rock
Lawmax, thanks for the reply! Here's a picture of the ring. It is letter G. I am going to find out what color those stones are. One jeweler (who doesn't sell Simon G) told me that they do good work and that the stones should look fine next to the EightStar. But, I am going to find out what color grade those stones are in the ring.

pg20.jpg

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is sweet and the diamonds are pretty far from the center stone so I'm guessing there wouldn't be a problem. Are you going to get the matching band?

wade_44

Rough_Rock
That is a good question lawmax. We are debating getting the matching band. We might get a platinum ring with some nice engraving(millwork?) to match. I thought the matching band might take away from the engagement ring because it has a lot of diamonds. What do you think? Do you like it? Any opinions are welcome...

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/26/2002 9:17:35 PM

That is a good question lawmax. We are debating getting the matching band. We might get a platinum ring with some nice engraving(millwork?) to match. I thought the matching band might take away from the engagement ring because it has a lot of diamonds. What do you think? Do you like it? Any opinions are welcome...
----------------

I guess this is a matter of personal preference. I think that because the band is narrow and the diamonds are not huge, the matching band would not take away from the engagement ring. It is also nice to have in the event that the wearer is in a situation where she doesn't want to wear her engagement ring but still wants a little sparkle in the band.
:))

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Greentree :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results