shape
carat
color
clarity

Egyptian style detailing?

leesa

Rough_Rock
This ring has no markings, doesn’t tarnish and has these little details of black and green. Can anyone help me identify the age or even what the inlay is?
Thank you so much!!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Please try again to add a photo?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so pretty!! It’s hard to tell from the pics. Can you tell if the green/black are stones or possibly enamel? If stones, the black is very likely onyx.

leesa

Rough_Rock
I believe it’s enamel! I know it’s antique, but no idea the time period.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colored bits around the bezel look more like inlaid stones than enamel to me. The fractured/chipped areas suggest a thicker material than the enameled finishes I’m familiar with. But as kgizo said, it’s hard to tell from pictures.

tranquil55

Rough_Rock
It appears to me that your ring is from the Art Deco period (1920's), I base this on the stone size, surrounding enamel detail, use of green and black enamel, and additional embossing on the sides as well as the wear noted on the mounting. The central stone may be carnelian or a good substitute. If there are markings inside the shank, they would provide further clues.

Your observation that the ring has elements of Egyptian revival styling seems accurate. the discovery of King Tut's tomb in 1923 was a sensation and greatly influenced jewelry styles.

leesa

Rough_Rock
It appears to me that your ring is from the Art Deco period (1920's), I base this on the stone size, surrounding enamel detail, use of green and black enamel, and additional embossing on the sides as well as the wear noted on the mounting. The central stone may be carnelian or a good substitute. If there are markings inside the shank, they would provide further clues.

Your observation that the ring has elements of Egyptian revival styling seems accurate. the discovery of King Tut's tomb in 1923 was a sensation and greatly influenced jewelry styles.

Thank you! For your observations! Unfortunately, there are no markings.

leesa

Rough_Rock
The colored bits around the bezel look more like inlaid stones than enamel to me. The fractured/chipped areas suggest a thicker material than the enameled finishes I’m familiar with. But as kgizo said, it’s hard to tell from pictures.

Thank you, I’ll try to get some better photos!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Something similar:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results