shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL stone good price or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
2.04c H/VS 2 for $13500

8.28x8.22x5.01
table: 60.8%
crown ht: 13%
pav depth: 44%
girdle: thin
polish: g-vg
sym: vg
c: none
flourescense: none

I can see it is VS2 clarity bc not that many inclusions. he put H color GIA stone inside white folded business card, and color looked same to the EGL H color stone, but i am not professional.

I asked sales guy if i get apparaised doesn't match would he refund, he said appraisal is subjective. he sent EGL certed stone to GIA before came back w/higher grading! and if I send in to GIA, came back different, I am buying EGL graded stone, not GIA graded, so...

hummm..

$13500 is not bad and stone looks nice. I am just concerned EGL cert, but cheaper than comparable GIA graded stone.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Again, I ran a search for similar stones with EGL report...

You could find similar stones for the same price in the web plus you'll have money back guarantee and some vendors will agree to send it to David Atlas before you pay for a stone.

Although price is reasonable, if the jeweler won't give you a good return policy, there is no rush to commit yourself.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Problem is with Dave Atlas, I won't be there to witness stone being appraised, adn how can i be sure it didnt' get switched. I trust David, but rule of thumb is u can only be sure stone didn't get switched by seller or 3rd party if u are there in appraisal process.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
also, the date of the EGL report is 1999.

Seller said EGL lab is upstairs since I was in LA, and lab can give me updated report dated 2002. what do u think?

If GIA stone i posted earlier is good price, then EGL stone must be good price also, and he has 100% trade up policy

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mbn, you are entitled to do whatever you feel is best for you but I'm afraid this is too much. :errrr:

What is the reason for legitimate appraiser to switch a stone? Do you realize how big is the risk comparing to the possible profit of the crime? Reputation of these people was build for years and sometimes for generations!

And do you think your stone couldn't be switched even in your presence? :-o

mbn

Shiny_Rock
sorry, I am sure appraiser won't switch it, I must be paranoid bc I read too much info on web saying you must have it appraised in front of you. I do not mean to offend anybody.

You are right that the risk is high for store, not worth it for appraiser or store to take risk, means I shall not be concern w/store switching stone on me or that I don't receive right stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results