shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL Israel Cert Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clearfusion

Rough_Rock
Looking for general input/advice on the following:

58 pts Round Premium Cut
5.29X5.20X3.30
Table Width: 62%
Table Depth: 62.6%
Crown Height: 13%
Pavilion Depth: 45%
Girdle: Med.
Polish: Good
Symmetry: V/G
Clarity: VS2
Color: G
Culet: None
Fluor: Negligible
Dia Script on Girdle

EGL Cert Number: 2209695033 Which from my understanding indicates the Israel lab. Also the "premium" definition backs this assumption even more.

Also of note; the stone will most likely be used in a tension setting.

Couple of general questions for the "experts" out there:
1. Initial impression of the stone
2. Feelings on the EGL-Israel cert
3. High/mid/low price points (considering #2)

Thank you in advance for all the valuable information contributed to this and other posts. It''s been an immense reference source and a good read at the same time.

Regards,
MotherGoose

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

Yes the stone was graded is Israel. The cut is so and so and the pavilion is deep. It should have a fairly large amount of leakage under the table.
Who can tell the right price?? Is it a G/VS 2 or an I/SI 1?
2.gif
All I can tell you is that you can get a superideal H&A stone in the G/SI 2 range AGS or GIA graded at about $1.2K...

BTW, something is wrong here... The stone, if it's indeed a premium cut, should have a 53% to 61% table, not 62%. Also, the depth is 62.9% and not 62.6%.
confused.gif

3.30mm/{(5.20+5.29)/2} = 62.9% (which is, by the way, pretty deep for a stone with a lrage table... Are you sure you've entered the correct data?).

Let me know!
1.gif
wavey.gif

Clearfusion

Rough_Rock
Giangi,

Cert information shows a, "Depth Total" of 62.6% Other than that the measurements of 5.29-5.2-3.3 are keyed correctly.

Thanks,
MotherGoose

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Then something is fishy. Depth is absolutely 62.91% which is listed as 62.9%. Table, in oreder to be a premium cut, has to be 61% or smaller. Do ask the vendor about this cert.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results