shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL H SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I am considering an internet purchase of an EGL H SI2 .74 ct round. By measurements stated in the cert, the diamond rates 1.4 on the cut adviser. I checked the price stats for 1B (based on table size) and it is below average cost. The pics I've seen were not terribly good close up shots and there was no mapping on the cert provided. I have asked for better pics and the map. There is no blue florescence (?spelling) to counter any yellow hue. Plan on mounting in white gold as a pendant. The seller will accept return for full refund for any reason within 14 days. Any other suggestions you folks may have for me?

I got this far thanks to the many posts I've read and the great info I learned at this site.
wavey.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. Unless it is EGL USA forget it - it may easily be I I1.
2. You did the HCA from %'s - insist on the angles from a Sarin report - it will probably score over 2.
3. Ask the vendor at his expense to ship the stone to one of the appraisers on the list - either close to you, or one who you know is up with the latest technology because they post here frequently.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks much for the tips on what to do next!

You were so right that I used percents from the cert. and not actual angles in the cut adviser. Will ask for that info.

Checked the cert. and it is EGL-USA. Whew, one battle for the little guy!

Appraiser is a different story. Checked the list and there isn't one in my area. Will just have to pick one. It's an extremely accomplished list of professionals.

Thanks much! Any and all help greatly appreciated!
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Definitely get the stone checked... The cert number begins with 1/2 or 7??? This reallly helps, because there are 2 EGL Labs, one in NYC and one in LA and they use differen report numbers...
Also, could you post a bit of specs??? I'm so curious
9.gif
9.gif
!!!!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Cert # begins with 7
Measures 5.82 x 5.76 x 3.63
Depth 62.7%, Table 56.0%, Crown 14.6%, Pavilion 43.5%
Girdle is Medium to Thick Faceted
Polish: Very Good, Symmetry: Good to Very Good
Fluorescence: None and Cutlet: None
No Comments listed

Interested to hear your thoughts.
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
GOOD NEWS: if the cert begins with 7, then the stone is graded by LA branch, which is faaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than NY's one!!!
1.gif
The cut sounds very nice too!!!
1.gif

Get it checked by an appraiser to find out if it's properly graded...
OK?

Giangi

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Well...... I followed up with the seller today. I asked for the Sarin report, which he said he will provide tomorrow. Got map and pic via email. Pic is a closer, but fuzzy, shot of the diamond. Diamond color looked better in new pic. Map shows a needle and few crystals. Seller's written comment was somewhat interesting.

Seller noted in his comments an inclusion, not visible in the photo, along the edge could be "partially covered with a prong" during setting.

He will not send to an independent appraiser. Says "the buyer usually does that."

Also, the seller said that EGL usually grades one color higher than GIA.

Does it now sound like an I-SI3/I1 stone??? Or is it just me???
sick.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
About 1 color grade , well it happens often. As per the clarity, it depends... Sometimes they are very lenient, sometimes they're not...
Definitely get the stone checked by an appraiser...
Hope that helps...

Giangi
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results