shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL Certs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kalemagem

Rough_Rock
Good Morning everyone,
What is your opinion on EGL certs? Are some EGL labs better than others? How accurate are their appraisals?
Thanks.
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kalemagem,

1. EGL Los Angeles
2. EGL NY
3. EGL Israel
4. EGL Antwerp

I haven't ever seen an EGL Cnanda cert, though.
EGL appraisals are done by UGS, an affiliated company. I find them to be quite inflated... One more thing... In their opinion a 1.00 lets say E VS 1 with 70% table or depth has the same value of a 1.00 E VS 1 with 57% table
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
!!!

Hope that helps

Giangi

lgrilla93

Rough_Rock
for me stay away from egl in LA

who can you classify a stone with visible inclusions as SI1

unbelievable

lizo

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lizz, do you see inclusion in your stone from table up position?

You might be upset but without seeing the stone and its inclusions we cannot say whether the grading was accurate or not.

People also report they can see inclusions in some GIA SI1 diamonds.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kalemagem.
I purchased a 2 ct EGL-Los Angeles cert'd diamond at a jewelry show in the Washington, D.C., area (Chantilly). I was very nervous because of the opinions I have read regarding EGL's soft grading, but I found a stone that was visually appealing to me and in my price range. I took it to an independent GIA GG for verification, and all facts on the cert were correct and the stone matched the cert. For me, it all worked out fine, but I would always recommend an independent appraisal and stick with EGL-USA.

Diamondlil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results