shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL certific

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

95125eddie

Rough_Rock
I have an EGL cert (not EGL-LA) for a 0.70 ct,VS1-G round diamond I purchased in 1992.
I had this stone remounted into a new setting, and was told by the jeweler that this certificate is not entirely accurate by todays standards. The stone is fine he emphasized, but it is closer to an H rather than a G.
Would this be your belief too, that an EGL is, um, rather useless?
Thanks in advance!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey There- First of all EGL is a reputable lab. If you go thru the site you will find after reading different articles that some peoples take is that EGL's grading standards might not be as strict as GIA's. It is also a good thing to keep in mind depending on how your jeweler graded your stone he/she may be off a color grade higher or lower than the grade stated on the lab report. You were a little vague in your description, but to answer your question I think thru reading diff. articles on this site you'll see diff. opinions compared to Gia, but I don't think that EGL is useless.:Up_to_something:

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results