shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL cert and I color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
for 3 carat EGL certificate, would I color look too yellow for this carat size? would it look like H color if it has faint flourescence?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Faint would not help. Medium to very strong (blue) will help.

An EGL Europe or Israel "I" in 3ct would not make my lady happy. can you drop to a lower clarity and get up to H?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
At this time, I know that it's an I/SI with flourescence. Vendor shall call me again with the exact spec. More than likely it's an EGL USA LA Lab. Let me see what kind of flourescence. I am just cautious that I color EGL USA LA lab cert may turn out to be a lower color and with flourescence, how can one grade the color accurately since it'll face up whiter than normal color? EGL USA cert SI may sometimes be an SI2 even, so I am very cautious.

Vendor said at this time most GIA customers if they buy 3 carat stone, they go for D-G color, VVS to VS1. EGL USA cert are the ones he can sell best with H-J color because EGL customers are not as picky...

I currently have a 2.16c GIA H/VS1 stone I bought from same vendor. I am just looking at my options and evaluate if trading up is the best thing to do or just keep current stone bc not worth trading up.

I shall keep you posted.

Nowadays before I proceed to buying, I consult with forum first. This forum is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results