shape
carat
color
clarity

EGI certificate / Too good to be true?

Hi,

I have recently come across a private seller of an diamond engagement ring that perfectly fits my partners needs. However I am a bit put off by the price (significantly down from around 21k USD apparently) as well as the diamond having an EGI (European Gemmological Institute) certificate (which i have uploaded). The seller seems really keen to sell and I am also quite keen, however have been struggling to find a jewellery valuer that is independent and willing to travel to value the ring for me. Any thoughts/cautions would also be really appreciated as I think this might be the one, yet I am still having second thoughts.

Cheers

d2ed9705-d008-4a4c-b799-b1db2f2ddcc69161f4c0-f655-40e0-b2ee-6ea968ddf6bb.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Clarity enhanced diamond. Estimated weight--by formula (no dimensions present). Unheard of lab therefore grading is erroneous.

Is this something you want?

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thank you very much for the reply! From your description that is definitely something that I would not be looking for. As I expected it must have been too good to be true I guess.

Cheers

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will not speak to this specific diamond as it would be a violation of forum rules. However, in the trade there is virtually no resale market for used clarity enhanced diamonds. If you need to sell for any reason, you will end up like the current prospect trying to get any kind of an offer.

Throw in a second or third tier laboratory for the grading report and basically you have a situation, to quote Ralph Nader that is, "unsafe at any speed."

It looks like you have already come to a wise decision.

Wink

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wink|1453127166|3977484 said:
to quote Ralph Nader that is, "unsafe at any speed."
[\quote]

Nice reference

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would have used just regular smiles... but Green, you know, for Ralph Nader

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results