shape
carat
color
clarity

Educate me on this stone, please

canvasback

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I 've been up to some research and trying my hardest not to make any newbie mistakes. Will y'all tell me what you think about this stone from what you can tell from the report? Thanks everyone! The diamond will go into a pave white gold setting and has a HCA rating of 1.4

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite/?childpagename=GIA/Page/ReportCheck&pagename=GIA/Dispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2176530295
Above stone costs $5,132.

This stone is at a local retailer, though I haven't gone to see it yet. I'll try to add a another stone or two when I get home from work.
Thanks again,
Jeremy

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
By numbers alone - could be a good choice.

We try not to live here on PS by numbers alone, however.

While the table is on the large size for this type of cut, and the crown angle is greater than we might like, the complimentary pavilion angle gives this stone a <2 HCA and makes it worth 'further investigation'.

That said, an evaluation of light performance (Very Good on the HCA) is needed as the numbers on the report are an average of the many measurements taken on the stone.

If you can get an ASET or Idealscope of the stone we can provide further guidance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results