shape
carat
color
clarity

Edison strand came today

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I am not sure what I think about this yet so want to take some time before commenting. I will try to take a better picture tomorrow and add. Can anybody tell me why my pictures are turning up sideways? Thank you!

_2380.jpeg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :love: I want an Edison rope. It seems like you are not 100% satisfied. Why? Color, shape, luster, weight or...?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll rotate it for you.

susan7639_s_edisons.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to hearing more about what you think.

As for your pictures, it's because they are too large (in MB). If you save them with a lower resolution (or email them to yourself in a smaller size) and then post them, they will be right side up.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooo I think they are beautiful and a perfect size / length for you!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
They're beautiful!

When you say you don't know what to think ... is it the pearls, or the expense?

Q

Queenie60

They look great to me! Wow. :love:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful! They look fabulous on you. :)

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I think they look great!

Oddly enough, I have your glasses and your haircut and haircolor, so when I get my Edisons, we'll look like twins. Haha.

Is there something about them that you don't quite like? I'd like to know.

Size, length, luster, weight, color?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I personally think they look stunning!
as for being large, I think we all can say as we all get older larger and larger pearls are usually what we gravitate towards, so these are a wonderful set that should look fabulous and appropriate for a good long while!! (its called PSS ;)) )

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others, it looks great on you.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't look too large on you based on the pic.

Curious why you aren't smitten. Do share more pics!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I always say trust your gut...if you feel like you are compromising, then you will likely not wear the strand. If it doesn't make your heart sing, then don't settle.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love BIG white pearls, and I love them on you! I felt my 12mm strand non-graduated freshwaters looked big and bold, but not any more. I am very interested in your thoughts on quality, surface, shape, blemishes, luster as only a few of these new pearls make the cut out of thousands upon thousands to make a strand. Please comment soon.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel about the large central pearl? I have a hard time keeping necklaces centered...they drift constantly. I think this is why I prefer strands with a more gradual graduation.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely on you! Size is great and the color seems to complement your skin tone.

Oftentimes, I'm not sold on a piece right away. I have to live with it a bit before I fall deeply in love. Take your time! But then come back and tell us all about it and post lots of pics :wink2:

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys! My camera function that gets close shots is not working :wall: I am very used to wearing silver/white gold/plat that blends in with my clothing and I am not sure I was prepared for all that white around my neck, while I admire it on others. Add that to the fact that I just let my hair go gray and if I wear certain colors of white it brings out any yellow tones in my hair. I get the sense from people's comments about Edison pricing that this may not have been a really great example of one. There are a few pearls that, to my eye, look like they don't belong with the others and one side looks noticeably higher luster and pinker than the other side. This may be my naiveté about pearls but these are just not a wow for me, on me, like I though Baby Nurse's were. Also the biggest pearl being constantly off center would make be bonkers. Too much second guessing right off the bat for me!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Susan7639|1457829287|4004164 said:
Hi Guys! My camera function that gets close shots is not working :wall: I am very used to wearing silver/white gold/plat that blends in with my clothing and I am not sure I was prepared for all that white around my neck, while I admire it on others. Add that to the fact that I just let my hair go gray and if I wear certain colors of white it brings out any yellow tones in my hair. I get the sense from people's comments about Edison pricing that this may not have been a really great example of one. There are a few pearls that, to my eye, look like they don't belong with the others and one side looks noticeably higher luster and pinker than the other side. This may be my naiveté about pearls but these are just not a wow for me, on me, like I though Baby Nurse's were. Also the biggest pearl being constantly off center would make be bonkers. Too much second guessing right off the bat for me!

truly honestly, if you are not in love with them return them. I would wear them a few more times though, not to convince yourself to keep them, but maybe you can figure out exactly what you would want in the future. Seems you already have a clue (better matching with overtones and luster) but there could be other things you don't think of as well.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Susan, I think your gut is telling you to send them back.

I don't believe in trying to talk myself into liking something. It never works.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are a even a little unsure after a day or two, they should go back. Every time I have kept something I have not been 100% over the moon about I have regretted it.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love them on you, but you need to be over-the-moon! Susan, I am also loving your cat glasses, where can I get a pair like that! :love:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearlsngems|1457832081|4004188 said:
Susan, I think your gut is telling you to send them back.

I don't believe in trying to talk myself into liking something. It never works.
Yep!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your comments, Susan. I was very curious about your particular strand. If they keep moving off center, that would drive me nuts, too. I usually wear my pearl ropes off center on purpose with the clasp in the front or on the side, partly so I don't have to deal with adjusting the pearls. I haven't received my new Edisons yet, so I'm not sure how they'll work for me, either. I just know I liked the look of Baby Nurse's strand, too.

But if the pearls themselves are not wowing you, send them back. I usually have an initial gut reaction to clothing or jewelry that occurs immediately when I try they on, and it's usually right.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!

It is true that gut reactions are often right, I have however found that I've definitely changed my mind on a few strands. You do have a few months, and we most definitely don't have to sit on a strand until the end of return period. But do take a few days/weeks to at least try it on with different outfits and see it in different lights.

Yes, if the center pearl cause strand to shift, not the worst idea to remove it and make it into a singular spectacular pendant! :)

I have changed my mind and few to like strands more in the past when 1) it gets paired up with the right outfits, 2) it gets layered up with the right pearl siblings. I find that sometimes the layerings/pairings cause multiplicative effect! :)

I do have to say these Edison strands are seriously good value compared to WSSP...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I really like that strand. It looks like an expensive WSS strand to me and I think it looks fabulous on you. My issue with the big Edisons, personally, is just that I dress very casually these days and it's not my style to wear a large "formal" looking strand with my usual very informal clothes. My next white strand will probably be a 9-10 mm Freshadama strand or something like that so I'll wear it often. Of course now that I've said that, I'll probably promptly change my mind so don't pay any attention to me.

I can definitely change my mind about pearls. Most recently was with my new white metallic rope. I had just chatted with Hisano about ideas on what to exchange it for because the off-roundness bugged me. Then I thought what the heck and wore it out to dinner anyway. By the time I returned, no way was I giving it up.

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I think part of the problem is the day I bought it I was in a store with a South Seas strand of about the same size. When I put them next to each other there really was no comparison. it may not be that way with all Edisons but to me, these were like night and day and I do not have a discerning eye.

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
BWeaves|1457873104|4004399 said:
Thanks for your comments, Susan. I was very curious about your particular strand. If they keep moving off center, that would drive me nuts, too. I usually wear my pearl ropes off center on purpose with the clasp in the front or on the side, partly so I don't have to deal with adjusting the pearls. I haven't received my new Edisons yet, so I'm not sure how they'll work for me, either. I just know I liked the look of Baby Nurse's strand, too.

But if the pearls themselves are not wowing you, send them back. I usually have an initial gut reaction to clothing or jewelry that occurs immediately when I try they on, and it's usually right.

Weaves I rally am looking forward to yours! Hope you have a happy story to share!

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
Frost Me|1457841411|4004264 said:
I love them on you, but you need to be over-the-moon! Susan, I am also loving your cat glasses, where can I get a pair like that! :love:

Hi Frost Me, they are Prada from a few years ago. Always makes me laugh that the only Prada I can afford is glasses :angel:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Hi Susan:

Now I'm even more curious. Tell me about the SS strand you saw?

How did it compare in price?
How did it compare in looks?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Susan7639|1457933351|4004887 said:
I think part of the problem is the day I bought it I was in a store with a South Seas strand of about the same size. When I put them next to each other there really was no comparison. it may not be that way with all Edisons but to me, these were like night and day and I do not have a discerning eye.

My SSP are whiter than even my whitest freshwaters. It's a cooler shade of white.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results