shape
carat
color
clarity

Economy and Diamond Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Hello to my expert friends,

I am curious to know what the "TRUE" dimaond mark-up range is in our market today. In the past 2 years the economy has been going nowhere but down, does it mean the diamond price goes down just like the Gold price?

I understand diamond is no a good mean as investment, but if the diamond costs significantly less now than back when Clinton was in DC, is it a good idea to begin the purchase for future asset?

Please share your opinions with us. I am fasicnated by the demand vs. supply situation of diamond industry - especially in a rough economy.

Thank you,
GiGi

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamond markups have opened up a wider range over that time.

Take Cartier and Bulgari for instance, at 3-4 times the price of most B&M stores, and internet vendors at the same price to 1/2 the price of B&M.

It is a big range, but then you can pay .50 cents to $10 for a cup of coffee and $1- to $50 for a hamburger.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Regret to say I have never had the pleasure of eating a $50 hamburger, where can I try one ? :)

As an eagle-eye and budget-restricted consumer, where would you point me to find "very very small mark-up" great diamond?

GiGi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results