shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebony/Titanium Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this belongs on this particular thread (moderators, please move to appropriate place if this is the wrong one - sorry) but does anyone have or know anyone who has a wedding band made with wood inlay? Was looking for unique/unusual wedding bands for my boyfriend (sorry, I will NEVER get the hang of saying fiancé although oddly, husband has never been a problem - not sure why) and I''ve seen one with eboy I really liked. I know ebony is very hard and I just wondered how it might stand up over time. Anyone have experience with this at all? Thanks....

- Jodie -

ring - ebony and titanium.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm - this might not be the forum for a wooden ring - lol...... I''ll see what the maker has to say about the durability of the material......

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''ve known other people on another forum who had wooden or wood-inlaid rings. Essentially, they''re not a forever item. If they get wet, hot etc there can be damage. It depends on how you feel about maybe having to replace it in several years.

But yes, double check with your vendor.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen wooden bangles and earrings from the ''70s make it quite untouched to today, but they clearly weren''t being worn every day and - at least for the earrings - in less exposed places... I''d be wary.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea, but they aren''t a forever item. The ring you posted is very pretty though. I know nothing about them beyond that.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
I heard back from the maker and they said that although ebony IS a very hard wood, it would have to be cared for and for example, not get wet a lot etc (which would mean removing it to wash hands, shower etc.) So..... not a good ring for a wedding band...... on to the next idea......

I think I might go for a Mokume Gane ring in silver (can''t afford white gold)....... he speaks a bit of Japanese and he lived there for a while so I think he''d appreciate it (he trusts me enough to let ME pick out HIS wedding band........ silly boy....)

I also saw this which I think is LOVELY but a bit too feminine...... the maker is Bowman Originals (also on Etsy) Nice men''s wedding rings for good prices.....

- Jodie -

ring - laurel leaf.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
pretty little leaf ring.....same designer...... this would be a nice unisex ring.....

ring - leaf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results