shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay watch purchase

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I watched Mildred Pierce last night and went gaga over the gold deco watches so decided to bid on some stuff on ebay. I didn't think I would get it for what i bid on it, but here's what I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260777788468&si=HDN%252BC4Tk5v0SOBqaXCFIpGztzrA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT What do you guys think? The seller told me that the old man he bought it from said that the stones are rubies. We'll see. I have a 7 day return policy.

I do know that the band is gold filled, which isn't ideal. That's the only thing that has me not totally excited about the purchase.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahooooo Athena! Beautiful watch!

But.... I'm not sure you will keep it. There are many work to do to restore it and it will be expensive IMO.

You need to find THE jeweler who can restore this original beauty and I think it will be very difficult.

Anyway, I know you adore have a project underway. This will be a real challenge!

Imagine this like new! OMG! Wow!

Let us know what you decide Sweety! I will follow you step by step on this incredible project!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
athenaworth|1304979350|2916720 said:
I watched Mildred Pierce last night and went gaga over the gold deco watches so decided to bid on some stuff on ebay. I didn't think I would get it for what i bid on it, but here's what I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260777788468&si=HDN%252BC4Tk5v0SOBqaXCFIpGztzrA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT What do you guys think? The seller told me that the old man he bought it from said that the stones are rubies. We'll see. I have a 7 day return policy.

I do know that the band is gold filled, which isn't ideal. That's the only thing that has me not totally excited about the purchase.
I actually like the scuffs, but thankfully I do know a good jeweler who can make it gorgeous

stci

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the result! It would be gorgeous for sure!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I haven't heard of that brand but it sure is gorgeous! One thing to pay attention to when shopping for antique watches is wrist size if the band is metal...they can be really tiny and extra links are tough to find.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got the and it's gorgeous. She needs a serious cleaning, but man is it pretty. I'm fairly certain they are rubies, and it's rose gold (not yellow gold like the picture shows). It fits my wrist like it was made for me and it came with a vintage box too. Needless to say, she's a keeper. :D

watch2.JPG

watch.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here it is with my 30th birthday present to myself: my white gold/diamonds Hamilton

IMG_7022.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG Athena! You found the jackpot!!

Soooo beautiful in your wrist! Was made for you! :wink2:

Don't forget to tell me about the cleaning process and everything ok?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Stci! You're too cute!!

I used Radiance 2000 jewelry polish on it tonight and it really shined it up. I still might take it to a jeweler to do a thorough cleaning, but I think I did a pretty good job on my own. And wanna know the best part?? It matches my cats rememberance birthstone ring perfectly! I didn't even think about that.

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG_7031.JPG

IMG_7033.JPG

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful watches Athenaworth, I love the rubies! I had not seen your band before, it's gorgeous as well and goes perfectly with the watch.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ho Athena! How beautiful and great match! You did well! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!!! The diamond watch is gorgeous too, so beautiful Athena! :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results