shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay setting report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

knitwit

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to give a mini report on ebay seller jewe2004, which had been suggested by a couple of PS''s as an alternative to LOGR for settings. I received my setting on Tuesday and yesterday was the first chance I had to take it and my stone over to the jewelers to be set. While there I asked the jeweler took look the setting over. She commented that the diamonds were single cut not full as I had requested and paid an additional 75.00 to have. I love the setting. It''s very delicate looking and my stone looks fantastic in it so I am willing to accept the ring as is but I''d like the vendor to refund the additional charge. I have sent them an email describing what happened and asking them whether I need to return it whether they will refund the additional charge if I will keep the setting as is.

I will let everyone know what happens but meanwhile I just wanted to let folks know so they make sure they follow up with their jewelers if they order an upgrade.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That sucks :( I''m glad you''re happy with the setting anyway. Thanks for the info.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a bummer about the diamonds!! Well, as long as they are clean and sparkle, that''s the important thing. Some people actually prefer single cut mellee. I hope they refund your charge, and I''m glad you still love your ring. Thanks for the report.

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Under a loupe the jeweler said that she could see that some of the diamonds were a little yellower than others but over all it''s a pretty setting. I will post pics and hand shots when I get it back, unless the vendor wants me to return it to be remade.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad you''re happy with the setting, despite it not being what you thought it was. Personally, I''d want a refund on the $75 extra I paid for different diamonds! Thanks for sharing your review

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the review. Disappointing that you did not get what you paid for, though! I hope they will correct the problem, or refund your money!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm - I don''t really know how to tell the diff in single cut and full cut. And I guess on diamonds that small I need more than a 10X loupe cause I have a hard time looking at those in regards to the cut. TL posted pics a while back showing the diff. But applying that in real life has proven difficult for me.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege charges extra for single cuts as they have to be ordered in especially.

In melee I''d opt for single cuts every time as the effect is IMHO much superior to full cuts. Is there a reason why you wanted normal instead?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
knitwit - I ordered a setting a few months ago from jewe2004, and they also ignored my paid-for requests for changes. I ended up returning the setting to China for a refund, although the vendor did ask several times if they couldn''t make it right. I would hope that they would refund the extra money that you paid, if you are willing to keep the setting. My impression is that this vendor is willing to say they will make changes, then tends to not actually do the changes. Keeps their costs down, I suppose.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have single cuts on my one LOGR and full cuts on the other LOGR''s. I prefer the full cuts, but I think it''s also because they''re much cleaner and whiter than the single cuts. The full cuts really sparkle like crazy on my LOGR''s. I have heard that many people prefer single cuts. I think when these Chinese ebay sellers order full cuts, they also order whiter and cleaner diamonds, so that''s why they''re more expensive.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the very reason I did not order from one of the chinese Ebay sellers. I worried that I would NOT get what I paid extra for as I have seen more often than I care for from buyers on this forum. They all seem to be right on top of answering all your questions BEFORE you pay for the item, but once you receive it and there is something wrong, they don''t answer your email right away (or at all!) or they want you to ship it back to China (with the exception of LOGR) as if that is no big deal to do, resulting in the extra time and expense, making the final cost of the ring more than what you can pay for locally.
29.gif
Sorry if I seem rather inflamed about this, but you should have gotten what you paid for! I hope they refund your $75!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 4:48:56 PM
Author: Pandora II
Leon Mege charges extra for single cuts as they have to be ordered in especially.

In melee I''d opt for single cuts every time as the effect is IMHO much superior to full cuts. Is there a reason why you wanted normal instead?
Agreed. In sizes that tiny, single cuts sparkle much better because the facets are larger.

knitwit

Rough_Rock
I heard from the vendor and they were very apologetic. they offered me the choice of returning the ring to be remade and they would refund my shipping costs or they would refund my 75.00 if I wanted to keep the ring as is. I really like the ring and don''t want to wait any longer so I am opting for the 75.00 refund. I''ll let everyone know when I''ve actually received the refund.

Now I might have some play money towards another stone purchase or a setting for my new purple spinel.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 8:20:12 AM
Author: knitwit
I heard from the vendor and they were very apologetic. they offered me the choice of returning the ring to be remade and they would refund my shipping costs or they would refund my 75.00 if I wanted to keep the ring as is. I really like the ring and don't want to wait any longer so I am opting for the 75.00 refund. I'll let everyone know when I've actually received the refund.

Now I might have some play money towards another stone purchase or a setting for my new purple spinel.
31.gif
Well, I'm glad to hear that. I'm glad they tried to make everything right by you.

My last LOGR had a ton of upgrades
Rose gold
VS full cut diamonds
size 9 (fat fingers
emembarrassed.gif
)
millgraining (sometimes they forget the millgraining)

and I had Stephen (the LOGR guy) put it all in writing for me, and the ring came out perfect. He knows I'm a stickler when it comes to that. Therefore, it's always good to have the vendor give the upgrades in writing in order to make sure they know exactly what you want.

Please post pictures of your setting when you get a chance.

knitwit

Rough_Rock
I will TL... need to find a camera that will photograph it well. I think my next setting will be from Sally. :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 8:20:12 AM
Author: knitwit
I heard from the vendor and they were very apologetic. they offered me the choice of returning the ring to be remade and they would refund my shipping costs or they would refund my 75.00 if I wanted to keep the ring as is. I really like the ring and don''t want to wait any longer so I am opting for the 75.00 refund. I''ll let everyone know when I''ve actually received the refund.

31.gif

Really? I am so glad that they did that! They gives me a little hope! I can''t wait to see your ring finished!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I would also like to report my experience with this eBay seller. In case you are not aware, he sells under 4 IDs: lan.bo4, diamondmounts, jewe2004, and happyday2203 The store owner, Kelvin, explains that it is because eBay policy doesn't allow him to list too many items before he reaches super seller status.

I've only bought one ring from this guy but have had tons of communication with Kelvin back and forth. I paid for this ring, but I received this wrong one WITHOUT the halo around the center stone, in white gold.

I was very disappointed and emailed Kelvin. He was apologetic but argued that because I asked them to make the prongs as double claws and sent them a picture to demonstrate the double claw (a Leon design, see attached picture), he thought I simply wanted the design to look like my picture. That's why he made the wrong ring.

I pointed out that the ring I receive have much less diamonds. He swear that because he used full cut diamonds and he added more gold, the cost was very close to what I paid for.

I sent the ring back for return (still enroute) and it cost me $30 to have it trackable. I am going to ask Kelvin to cover the shipping cost.

And this miscommunication issue has nothing to do with Kelvin's not so fluent English, because I am Chinese so we emailed in Chinese!

I am not happy with this experience, but to be fair, I agree that sending the sample picture could be misleading. And he is very apologetic and said that customer satisfaction is guaranteed.

One thing to point out, the upgrade diamonds on this wrong ring I got, are very white and sparkly and appear to be of better quality than LOGR upgrades. But this is based only one Kelvin ring, and 3 LOGR ring experience.

I would be more concerned in knitwit's case because I feel that's almost cheating. What if she doesn't find out about the diamonds?

29.gif

Double Claw Prongs.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh,
Thank you for sharing your experience, and it''s good to know that all these sellers are the same store.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGh! I am so sorry to hear of your experience Yingh! I really want to have hope in these Ebay sellers as their settings and the price really draw you in. It is frustrating their lack of quality control. I also think they invented their own diamond grading scale. What is I1 to us may be VS to them.
20.gif
Thanks for pointing out that these sellers are 1 in the same.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
And I forgot to mention in my earlier post - for anyone who is considering a split shank design from these vendors: examine the pictures very carefully for where the two shanks merge into one. The wrong ring I received and returned has a subtle merge that created almost a metal step. When worn, one can clearly feel this metal step between the fingers and it can be a little uncomfortable - depends on how sensitive you are. I couldn''t take it.
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I know this is an old thread but I just came to see. It''s funny .. I sent him the same photo (but cropped it to only show prongs). That leon ring has my favorite prongs.

I shipped him a stone to set in a ring (I know huge risk). It has been 3 weeks and he says he hasn''t received it. I don''t know if it is lost or he is lying. My boyfriend mailed it out without tracking too!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that some people are having problems with some of the Ebay sellers. Charmypoo I so hope you get some good news about the package you sent out ASAP. I also wanted to mention that IDjewelry has some inexpensive settings and they are also a PS vendor.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
innerkitten, there is only one IDjewelry on eBay who is no longer registered (with a score of -1!) Maybe they have a different eBay id?:

Date: 4/10/2009 1:30:08 AM
Author: innerkitten
I am so sorry to hear that some people are having problems with some of the Ebay sellers. Charmypoo I so hope you get some good news about the package you sent out ASAP. I also wanted to mention that IDjewelry has some inexpensive settings and they are also a PS vendor.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 12:37:48 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
I know this is an old thread but I just came to see. It''s funny .. I sent him the same photo (but cropped it to only show prongs). That leon ring has my favorite prongs.

I shipped him a stone to set in a ring (I know huge risk). It has been 3 weeks and he says he hasn''t received it. I don''t know if it is lost or he is lying. My boyfriend mailed it out without tracking too!
Yikes! I hope it shows up soon.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The stone was inexpensive but I really liked it. It would be a shame if I never see it again. I will email him again next week to see if it showed up. Canada post can be pretty slow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results