shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay seller of Tiffany rings - Diamonddr1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the_hun1

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this forum, hope I posted in the right place.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the seller Diamonddr1 on ebay?
I have found that this seller appears to be the Diamond Exchange store in Fresno, CA, and the man who owns the store is Daniel Jellidian.

He has 2 Tiffany rings I am currently watching:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120081829270&rd=1&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120081530688&rd=1&rd=1

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this seller?
I also have concerns about the rings. They appear real with all the authentic documentation, but the tiffany stamps are on the ouside of the rings.
All of the pictures I have seen of tiffany rings show the stamp on the inside of the ring. Does Tiffany stamp the outside of any rings?

Please no comments on avoiding Tiffany. I am well aware that I am paying a lot for an over-hyped box, but I think the girl this is intended for will appreciate the box more than the diamond.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
90% of tiffany rings on ebay are fake and Iv never heard of them stamping them on the outside that would be stupid.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe you should just buy her the box
and you can add the rock
both of the rings you linked have the stamp on the inside.
35.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Why don''t you email him about his authenticity guarantee? If he is reputatble, he should stand behind his product and honor any returns if Tiffany verifies it is an UNauthentic product. If not, run, Forrest, run!!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

You need to look at pictures again. The rings are stamped on the inside and not the outside. And I would think they are USED settings with all the little scratches etc. Just my Opinion.

Good Luck
MWG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Another option is to try Signed Pieces. They sell gently used/EstateTiffany and other well known high end brands www.signedpieces.com

cheers--Sharon

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don’t understand your question.

The marks in both rings look pretty similar to Tiffany hallmarks.
The paperwork looks pretty similar to some of what Tiffany sometimes includes with items they sell.
The box look a lot like one of the ones that Tiffany uses.
The portion of the GIA report in the image looks reasonably likely to be GIA’s work.
You surely already knew these things.

Are you asking if this is a genuine T&C ring set with a genuine T&C diamond? (There’s no way to tell without an inspection and some research)
Are you asking if their $5k asking price is less than T&C would charge for something superficially similar? (Yes)
Are you asking how those rings compare to secondhand Tiffany offerings from other companies? (It depends on the other offers you are considering)

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look again.

The stamps are on the *inside* of both rings.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hey,

After reading his EBAY feedback, I would not buy anything from him. There are sellers on EBAY with ZERO negatives and several thousands transactions, unfortunately, this guy is not one of them.

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
For ~$5k I think you could get a new ring with a GIA certificate and a similar quality stone and setting and be SURE that what you''re buying is the real thing. Besides, you''d need to get that ring polished out too and appraised, so in the end you''re probably better off buying new.

the_hun1

Rough_Rock
Alright, so I''m blind. The stamps are on the inside. I thought that the shot whas taken from the top in awkward lighting, but looking more closely it was taken from the bottom. I don''t know how I missed this. Thanks for your posts everyone.

I noticed the scratches in the ring. Is it possible to buff this out or somehowhave a jeweler fix them?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't see anything wrong with trying to find a Tiffany ring at a better price, but unfortunately ebay can be so iffy. I'd also recommed checking out www.signedpieces.com for a Tiffany ring. they sell on ebay but have a store in NY with many happy customers and a proven track record. I personally wouldn't trust ebay for diamonds. Do a search here on ebay and you can read some of the stories of folks having a very hard getting refunds when items don't arrive as listed.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Personal Opinion

When a seller "protects" or hides bidder identities, you don''t know WHO you are bidding against or even if the bids are legitimate.

Bids should be transparent. When they aren''t you could be bidding against bids only placed to push up the price.

Rockdoc

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 2:35:29 PM
Author: RockDoc
Personal Opinion

When a seller ''protects'' or hides bidder identities, you don''t know WHO you are bidding against or even if the bids are legitimate.

Bids should be transparent. When they aren''t you could be bidding against bids only placed to push up the price.

Rockdoc

Whenever I bid in eBay auctions, I look at more than the Seller''s feedback. I always check out the other bidders. If they are predominantly sellers or buyers. I look at what they have bought and/or sold before. I look back at the seller''s other recent auctions to see if the same ID''s are consistently bidding in that particular seller''s auctions.

I agree with RockDoc on this one. I personally do not care for auctions with the "Bidder''s ID''s Protected for Privacy" thing. The seller could have a shill ID bidding in there running up the prices and you cannot check.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 9:46:18 AM
Author: widget
You can read all this seller''s negative, neutral, and mutually withdrawn feedback here:
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=diamonddr1&Dirn=Received+by
widget
Widget, that is the COOLEST website! Thanks so much for that link!
10.gif

The Hun1, here is a link to the company''s BBB Report.

Regarding these rings, the certs look authentic and the settings look genuine. I would wonder if the diamond had been switched. What I don''t like about this Seller is that people who have problems seem to have a difficult time getting their money back. So, it''s great if the piece is authentic, but what if it''s not? Will you get stuck? How receptive is the Seller to returns? What''s important is how the Seller responds when things go wrong.

I don''t have a super-secure feeling about this Seller, based on feedback. I guess if the item weren''t too expensive, I wouldn''t mind the risk, but on a pricey item, I don''t have the risk tolerance. Maybe you do - this is something you need to decide for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results