shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay Royal Asscher purchase

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I recently purchased this ring on eBay. It’s a 0.54 Royal Asscher set in a double halo. I wasn’t sure I would like it but the seller offer me a pretty good price and it has a return policy so I took a chance. I have to say the Royal Asscher packaging is pretty amazing as well. What do you think? Should I keep it? I kind of like the vintage vibes it gives. The Asscher itself is quite small but the melee is quite lively and bright. And the setting itself is very well done.

EBC1EAE1-4B02-42A3-8BB6-A654C7CA6ED9.jpeg 88DFB6DE-E37F-486B-8F3B-44D9D8420D9F.jpeg D81FAD7E-CC77-4E78-906C-9704620E41CA.jpeg DAE04B93-C19A-49F8-B15C-1CC0C2963C49.jpeg 9EEDF7A3-89D9-47EE-89EE-5B0CF1A45B4D.jpeg 253E7F7D-B3B6-40FD-9F96-59D83FFC660A.jpeg 97C06840-ACAD-4D47-810B-3E3248776FC6.jpeg 1A679B53-933A-4910-9191-46CBC7DDF8D7.jpeg D404869C-D4E2-4015-93CE-0FC5A6BD33ED.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you confident it's a Royal Asscher? Does it have a report stating as such, and is the girdle inscribed?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you LOVE it, then keep it!!! If you don't strongly love it, by all means send it back.

I have a 1 ct asscher in a halo, and I have said before that it is the smallest size I'd consider in an asscher. I want the stone to be big enough to really be able to appreciate the cut. The ring you have is very pretty, but I think it would be hard to really appreciate the RA cut in a stone that small. But again, only you can judge how much you love the ring! If I don't have a strong feeling of loving a piece, I return it.

Well wait, I just realized you just reset your asscher in a new setting. These are far too much alike to keep both.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
If you LOVE it, then keep it!!! If you don't strongly love it, by all means send it back.

I have a 1 ct asscher in a halo, and I have said before that it is the smallest size I'd consider in an asscher. I want the stone to be big enough to really be able to appreciate the cut. The ring you have is very pretty, but I think it would be hard to really appreciate the RA cut in a stone that small. But again, only you can judge how much you love the ring! If I don't have a strong feeling of loving a piece, I return it.

Well wait, I just realized you just reset your asscher in a new setting. These are far too much alike to keep both.

I’m not sure yet. It’s not really for the solitaire aspect of the asscher. It’s just kind of a fun sparkle bomb of a right hand right. I tend to go for more delicate solitaire type settings for my rings so this was a bit of a departure. The finger coverage is way bigger than anything else I own. I love love the tapered sides of this setting. I’m now looking at French cut tapered settings lol! I think I found a nice one in Moissanite on Etsy that I’m considering getting a Distinctive Gems Lmoissanite cushion for. If I return this that might be where the funds go.

If I keep it I may eventually swap the center diamond out with a colored stone and make the asscher into a little pendant. I don’t know. Just thoughts. I have 28 more days to decide.

I don’t think it’s too similar to the other ring at all. But I’ll have to compare them when I get the Daniel M.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love RAs, but dont like the setting it is in. I feel like it takes away from the beauty of the RA itself. If the price was reeeeaaaaly good (less than the price of a .54 RA), then I would likely keep it. But otherwise I probably wouldn't

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love RAs, but dont like the setting it is in. I feel like it takes away from the beauty of the RA itself. If the price was reeeeaaaaly good (less than the price of a .54 RA), then I would likely keep it. But otherwise I probably wouldn't

I agree. I think that setting would be fab with a punchy colored stone, but it swallows the asscher to me.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I think that setting would be fab with a punchy colored stone, but it swallows the asscher to me.

If I keep it I think that’s the plan to put either a round brilliant diamond in the center or a colored stone. The setting sparkles like crazy in sunlight. It’s really quite something to see.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
If I keep it I think that’s the plan to put either a round brilliant diamond in the center or a colored stone. The setting sparkles like crazy in sunlight. It’s really quite something to see.

I think that would be lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it but agree with the others that a colored stone would look lovely and would pop in that setting! I would put the
RA in maybe a simplier stacking ring or a Moi-et-Toi with another stone. I think it would be cool to own a RA no matter what size!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a well made ring to me (I especially love the shoulders and subtle octagon shape) and probably looks like a sparkle bomb under spot lighting. I agree with folks about resetting the Ascher into something that really let the stone shine on its own. That ring setting would look fabulous with a colored stone in the middle.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a well made ring to me (I especially love the shoulders and subtle octagon shape) and probably looks like a sparkle bomb under spot lighting. I agree with folks about resetting the Ascher into something that really let the stone shine on its own. That ring setting would look fabulous with a colored stone in the middle.

I believe it is a Royal Asscher setting as their emblem is part of the design. A retired one as I can’t find the exact one on their website but they do have a similar one with a split shank.

I’m leaving toward keeping it and looking for a new center stone as it’s really quite pretty.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it is a Royal Asscher setting as their emblem is part of the design. A retired one as I can’t find the exact one on their website but they do have a similar one with a split shank.

I’m leaving toward keeping it and looking for a new center stone as it’s really quite pretty.

I think keeping it but separating the stone from the setting is a really good plan.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results