shape
carat
color
clarity

ebay rant!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I purchased a star Sapphire ring with single cut halo from a seller on ebay. Seller has 6893 feedback, 100% positive. Prior to purchase, I asked if the stone was natural or synthetic. She answered natural. So I purchased thinking her extensive experience as a seller of jewels is precise. However after admiring the photos several times, the milkyness of the Sapphire was bugging me so I asked the seller how she knew it was natural and she said she used a presidium tester.

I then told her that this tool cannot identify natural vs synthetic and I requested a refund. She has answered me a few times already saying that she has 10 years experience handling jewelry, that no one has ever questioned her and cancelled "on a whim" like I did... And she stands by her answer.

I even sent her the presidium tester website link and asked her to read it...

I really hope I get my refund!!

I'm a poor ebay buyer aren't I? I admitted to her my mistake of buying so soon, I apologized... Ugh...

Anyone gone through this before?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
How long ago did you buy it? Was it under 30 days?

Do you know the procedure to act if she does not willingly refund your money?

If she refuses, file SNAD - significantly not as described. Ask her to send a return shipping label.
She has 3 days to respond. If not call ebay and ask them to step in. And you will get your money back under the MBG(money back guarantee).

If over 30 days, and under 6 months, follow same prodcedure with paypal instead..

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Ebay does a pretty good job of protecting their buyers, so if you end up filing a not-as-described-claim, you will likely have no trouble getting your money back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results