shape
carat
color
clarity

EBAY purchase leads to possible wedding earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
So, I was perusing Ebay this weekend to find a "truce bell" for our wedding ceremony (instead of a unity candle or sand pouring deal). I ended up finding one that is vintage crystal made in Yugoslavia. I purchased it and got in touch with the seller right away. I told her what the bell would be used for and also told her I was excited that it was made in Yugoslavia because I am 1/4 Serbian.

I received the bell today with a note that said: "Hi Elizabeth- I was so touched that you shared your wedding story with me, I wanted to do something special for you. I hope you have pierced ears. I have made you a pair of earrings this morning, they are all sterling silver and Swarvoski Crystals. I hope you enjoy them. Many blessings to you and your fiancé. We wish you lots of love and many happy years ahead. God Bless, Bonnie."

Whaaaaa???? I was so shocked. I couldn't believe that this woman would make earrings for me out of the goodness of her heart. I tried them on and they're definitely contenders for my wedding earrings. I originally thought I'd do something chunky and heavier, but these are so understated (yet sparkly!). I thought the ladies in BWW would appreciate seeing them!

swarvoskiwed1.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ear shot

swarvoskiwed2.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ignore my scrubby appearance. I''d just gotten done working out when I took the pics!
3.gif

swarvoskiwed3.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. A closer ear shot.

swarvoskiwed4.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
1. You''re so gorgeous! I would maim a distant relative to have skin like yours!
41.gif

2. That is the nicest eBay related story I have ever heard!

3. The earrings are very pretty, I think they would make nice wedding earrings. Do you have a dress yet?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome earrings!! What a sweet lady to make you earrings!! Man, if there were more nice people out there like that ebayer, this world would definitely be a better place!!

Btw, the earrings look great on you!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 10:49:28 PM
Author: lilyfoot
1. You''re so gorgeous! I would maim a distant relative to have skin like yours!
41.gif

3. The earrings are very pretty, I think they would make nice wedding earrings. Do you have a dress yet?
Lily, you''re so kind! I do have my dress! Here''s a link to a thread with my dress pictures:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-bought-the-dress-help-me-accessorize-please.129400/
I''m going to send the seller a picture of us with the bell at the ceremony this summer. I feel like I should send her a thank you card!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet!
The earrings are beautiful on you and I think they''d be so pretty with your dress.

And you have lovely eyes!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
It is so nice that there are still people like that.

I could definitely see those earings going with the dress (which is spectacular on you by the way). I adore them and the story behind them. A thank you card would be perfect!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story, TG! The earrings look great on you and would be perfect with that stunning dress of yours!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re so pretty, and how amazingly sweet of her to do that for you!!!!!!!!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 10:58:59 PM
Author: Travel Goddess

Date: 2/17/2010 10:49:28 PM
Author: lilyfoot
41.gif

Lily, you''re so kind! I do have my dress! Here''s a link to a thread with my dress pictures:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-bought-the-dress-help-me-accessorize-please.129400/
I''m going to send the seller a picture of us with the bell at the ceremony this summer. I feel like I should send her a thank you card!
Those earrings are perfect for your dress! I definitely think you should use them.

I think she''d be glad to get a thank you card and a picture from you, that''s very thoughtful of you!

I love your dress, btw. Very flattering color and shape!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
you look gorgeous, and those earrings are beautiful! What a great story!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

those are great! i really like those, and i think they look GREAT!

similiar story: when i ordered my "something blue" necklace off etsy, the woman who made them sent me a simple pair of earrings that matched...i was so touched!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
It will go beautifully with your dress!

If you don''t mind going OT, on the second picture, is that you? No photoshop? I would love to hear your secret for skin care!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a nice story. Pretty earrings.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet thing for her to do! I really like them, I am glad they are contenders, I''m sure if you decided to wear them on your wedding day she would get an absolute kick out of seeing a picture of you with them on. It''s really nice to know there are still thoughtful
people out there!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 4:50:55 PM
Author: choro72
It will go beautifully with your dress!

If you don't mind going OT, on the second picture, is that you? No photoshop? I would love to hear your secret for skin care!
Wow! What a compliment! Yes, that's me. No Photoshop. I don't have the best skin care habbits. I wash my face every day with Cetaphil (sp?) face wash and use Neutrogena Moisture face lotion for sensitive skin. I'm horrible about washing before I go to bed! I had just finished working out when I took the pics so maybe I had an endorphin "glow."
41.gif
I use Smashbox Photo Finish primer and LORAC anti-aging foundation. I think a lot of it is genes. Oh, I use St Ives Apricot Scrub about once/week.

I'm very flattered! I wish I had more of a skin care regimen to tell you about!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story and the earrings are beautiful, I would love the see the bell as well if you want to post it :)

I have to echo the other posters I would die for skin like yours - you really have such beautiful skin, lucky ducky :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh they''re so pretty, and they look fantastic on! They''d be beautiful with your dress
1.gif

What a sweet story
1.gif
1.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
It is very pretty. Geez, I can''t believe you look that pretty after a workout!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results