shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay FRAUD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
can you report something like that?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea... but there is worse. A WHOLE shop.... appropriatedly called "design by Indigo". Click an you will see what they use indigo (paper) for !

LINK

If you''d believe the site, they sell Tiffany''s, Cartier, Whiteflash, Bunz, Daniel K and quite a few antiques that happen to be in other shops'' inventories here and there. Whoever keeps the site must be scoring DT and Pricescope for pictures
14.gif

I hoe no one tried to buy... yet.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
hey, that''s a DT member (empresseva''s) finger! she can sue them if she wants to, right? i think i''ll send her a PM... wonder if she still posts on DT?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most likely not much can be done... it''s a website, who knows if there even is a business behind it.
Hey, I can definitely make up a ''store'' like that in a day or two!

I just wanted to post the glorious example. Never seen something this obviously fake
9.gif

Wander how they''d deal with a customer inquiry ?
11.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
im confused!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
he bought a bunch of fake ones and is selling them as real diamonds!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still not following this thread. Who is passing what off as real diamond? I see the really cheap ones but they under description as listed as "lab created". Sorry I''m clueless, can someone explain what is going on and what is the connection with the Indigo store?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Duh!!!!, Nevermind, I just got it! His pictures were so blurry that I didn''t make the connection the first couple of times. Someone should report him to Ebay. My mother just got taken by some Ebay vendor who established a great feedback rating and then took dozens of people in a scam. Luckily she only lost $30 but some people lost hundreds of dollars.

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 9:57:34 PM
Author: ForteKitty
hey, that''s a DT member (empresseva''s) finger! she can sue them if she wants to, right? i think i''ll send her a PM... wonder if she still posts on DT?
23.gif
Right clicking on the picture and selecting "Properties", the file can be seen to be saved as "empresseva_solitaire2.jpg".

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry--having a senior moment--what's going on? I get Ana's link & the misued pix, but not kitty's first post...what's he doing? Can someone explain it to me (I am obviously challenged here)????
37.gif
33.gif
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay it took me a while too but it LOOKS like this guy is purchasing sims from an ebay seller and then turning around and selling the exact same rings on ebay but advertising them as actual diamonds.

is that right?

totalnoob

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2004 11:41:44 AM
Author: reena
okay it took me a while too but it LOOKS like this guy is purchasing sims from an ebay seller and then turning around and selling the exact same rings on ebay but advertising them as actual diamonds.

is that right?
That''s what it looks like, but he isn''t even bright enough to use a different name to buy and sell.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jennifer, don''t feel bad, it took me a while to figure it out too. Click on the first link. It features a pear shaped CZ ring. Look at who the winner is. Now click on the second link. It features a pear shaped DIAMOND ring offered for $500. Check out who the seller is. Look familiar? The other 4 llinks show the CZ''s he bought and how he''s now selling them as real diamonds. The sad thing is that someone bought the pear shaped stone and paid $500.
7.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, pearcrazy!
1.gif
You explained it perfectly.
12.gif

Wow--what a scam.
29.gif
38.gif

denverkat

Rough_Rock
about empresseva''s ring pic- (i apologize for thinking too hard about this, but we''ve been studying copyrights in my research class and i''m trying to get things straight)- isn''t that just as bad as us throwing any ole picture we find on the internet into our posts? when you put something up on the net isn''t that the act of publication so technically, you''d better have the copyrights to back that up?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I am no expert but there was a discussion a while back about using pix here on pscope and I believe there is a "rule" that if the picture is for educational purposes (as in to illustrate a design or diamond type, etc) it is okay.

I would think using someone else''s picture of merchandise you do not own to sell something that may not even exist is a different matter...?
34.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I sent your findings on to Ebay''s security team, and I sent a message to the person that bought the pear for $500 telling him to get it checked. Hopefully that''ll take care of the scumbag. How on earth did you notice such a crazy thing??

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2004 12:26:44 PM
Author: goldengirl
Well, I sent your findings on to Ebay''s security team, and I sent a message to the person that bought the pear for $500 telling him to get it checked. Hopefully that''ll take care of the scumbag. How on earth did you notice such a crazy thing??

I also sent a message to the winner of that ring but i don''t know if he/she''ll believe me! I was searching for a pear diamond and came across that ring.. so naturally, i looked thru his feedback... and also "recently won" item, and guess what??
29.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Forthekitty,

So you ''won'' a bid.....did you lose money? Did you get the item? Awww...Saturdays LOL!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2004 1:25:13 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Forthekitty,

So you ''won'' a bid.....did you lose money? Did you get the item? Awww...Saturdays LOL!

huh? i didn''t bid on his item. Saturdays? what are you talking about?
33.gif

I''ve been lucky on ebay... haven''t lost any money or bought any crap yet, but i like to look and see if there are any good deals.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering about fortheloveofdiamonds rather cryptic post myself!! I thought that I just missed something!!
33.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Lady''s.... I thought she had said that forthekitty had bid on an item and had been burned. LOL! The Saturday reference was probably mostly for me. I have been up all night trying to finish up my graduate thesis (however i keep posting on PS)...... I don''t think I make sense anymore.. maybe it is best if I go to bed...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
ahh, nevermind!
5.gif

I just had my eyes dialated at the opthamalogist's and I thought I couldn't understand it because I was missing words!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! nope.. I am just that incoherent at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results